Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-May-12 12:14:56
Print Post

Deus Ex Human Revolution

[link to this post]

So I recently got myself this game and I must say I went in with low expectations, but as it turns out, it isn't bad at all. laugh

Sure the AI isn't spectacular, the graphics could be better here and there, and maybe more side quests. But I'm still having a blast playing it, I've forgotten how much I enjoy stealth games with the option of just going in guns blazing when I feel like it.

Even the boss fights aren't a let down that they are made out to be, sure they are a little out of place and the only skill is to finding out how to stun them or keep them from attacking you.

Forgot to say I love vents! laugh
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-May-12 14:05:01
Print Post

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Yeah its not a bad game but certainly not a keeper wink Played it about 6 months ago and i enjoyed it but soon traded it like most games these days.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 31-May-12 01:48:29
Print Post

Played the game through to the end and found it pretty boring overall. Didn't have any problems with the boss battles myself but the game could be a bit of a chore and uninspired.

I chose stealthy as my approach when I played it through. Couldn't be bothered to go through it again and try a different tactic. The perennial nighttime setting (in the main) and drab colours didn't help. Plus the puzzle thing. Very repetitive.

Some good memories though few and far between. I regret paying what I paid for it. Had it been a tenner or less then I would not likely feel so negatively about it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-May-12 23:41:19
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Paid £4. laugh

Finished and can see why T2D says he traded it. Was that even meant to be a boss on the end?

Missed a few achievements only got 30 out of 49. Completed on the hardest mode "Give me Deus Ex". tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Jun-12 00:23:42
Print Post

£4 beats my £39.99 hands down,for £4 i would have been well and truly inspired and happy but £39.99 its not the type of game i would be returning to,besides the multiplayer is pretty rubbish like most of the games these days

Have to admit also im not blown away by Max Payne 3 multiplayer either and Ghost Recon Future soldier just gets the nod here.

Oh well next excitement in store is Lollipop Chainsaw in a couple of weeks followed by Far Cry 3 in August
  Print Thread

Jump to