Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Jun-12 09:31:39
Print Post

I want from E3...

[link to this post]

....info/visuals on:

1. The Last of Us
2. The Last Guardian (if it's still around)
3. BLOPS 2
4. Far Cry 3
5. Dead Space 3

And as a bit of a sleeper, I would like to learn a bit about Sleeping Dogs.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Jun-12 09:44:04
Print Post

Re: I want from E3...

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I want a announcement that the next generation of games consoles will be out in 2013 with some really nice specifications .

Far Cry 3 out in August and i have ordered the special edition and like you the Last Guardian seems to have had development problems .

Bioshock 3 is another i am waiting on along with quite a few more that i can not remember at present.

On another note went to see Prometheus last night and as expected the production values were exceptional but as a film its a 5/10 for me .

Wont say why as some may still want to see it but Prequel it is and last night i watched the all time classic Alien on television and 30 years on with all the advanced technology i expected a lot more from Ridley.

Edited by time2die (Sun 03-Jun-12 10:26:44)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Jun-12 12:26:11
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
On another note went to see Prometheus last night and as expected the production values were exceptional but as a film its a 5/10 for me .
I feared that mate.

Reminds me of Event Horizon. A well made film with great story potential, but unfortunately it never quite reached it. I left the cinema feeling decidedly unmoved.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Jun-12 14:59:44
Print Post

I left the cinema thinking why did i bother wink

Just like games the Hype trail failed miserably and it had so much potential to instil some fear and suspense and really take it up a step to the best and first in the series but it fails to deliver.

Dont get me wrong the cinematic are breathtaking but we needed to see aliens even though it was a prequel,sadly we are left with a lovely cinematic experience of a very high standard but little interest in the film sadly and what i expected to be Alien Part 2 directed by a truly awesome director.

You watch the trailers and think oh my god that looks impressive just like so many games time and time again,yet so many fail and this in my opinion is no different.

Edited by time2die (Sun 03-Jun-12 15:01:23)

Standard User ccxo
(committed) Sun 03-Jun-12 23:33:29
Print Post

Prometheus is just set in the same univerese its not a prequal to alien at all, so comparing it to alien is pointless.

Its ment to be a completely different film and it was very well done, some parts of script could have been better but overall a well done film- hence the gd reviews.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jun-12 00:27:11
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Think you should take a look at metacritic because i don't see many good reviews,besides Ridley himself said it was a prequel to his first film and the last 10 minutes you can see that by some of the things that happen and what you actually see when they first discover the space ship in the original Alien.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Mon 04-Jun-12 05:38:58
Print Post

Look at Rotten tomatoes alot more reviews of which most are positive, the film is more about the space jockey rather then the 'alien'. their are links to alien but is a seperate film in the same universe.

Alot of people where wanting a prequal to alien, this is a departure and delivers something else. If their is a another film then prehaps we shall see a true prequal to alien.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jun-12 07:55:45
Print Post

Hope so because it sure would be good with todays advanced technology and special effect artists them aliens would look really mean smile
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jun-12 08:43:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by ccxo:
Prometheus is just set in the same univerese its not a prequal to alien at all, so comparing it to alien is pointless.

Its ment to be a completely different film and it was very well done, some parts of script could have been better but overall a well done film- hence the gd reviews.
Yes, but what I'd like to know is does it make you jump out of your seat? A suspense/horror genre film should ratchet up the tension and then jump out on you. That's what the Alien films did well and films like Event Horizon didn't. If it scares the pants off you with the right timing, then I will be very keen to see it. smile

And as you are here, what do you want from E3?
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Mon 04-Jun-12 18:15:49
Print Post

Doesnt really make u jump out of your seat, is worth seeing at the cinema as its something different.

As for what i would like to see from E3, nothing in particular just going to see what this week brings, E3 is not the show it used to be, victim of its own success as so many companies dont need to come as their big enough.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to