Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Jun-12 10:12:39
Print Post

Battlefield 3 Premium

[link to this post]

Anyone here paid up to be a premium member??
£40 which seems steep but you do get all the expansion packs

Included in these five expansions are 20 maps, 20 new weapons, 10+ new vehicles, 4 new game modes, 30+ Assignments and 20+ new dog tags.

And some more BS stuff you don't need

* 2 weeks early access to all future Battlefield 3 expansion packs starting with Battlefield 3: Close Quarters.
* Unique in-game knife
* Unique in-game dog tags
* 10+ unique soldier camos
* Unique weapon camos
* Stats reset feature
* 10+ unique Platoon emblem decals
* Increased Platoon emblem layers
* Server queue priority
* Save up to five of your favorite Battlefield Reports
* 5+ unique Assignments
* Exclusive events
* Exclusive Double XP weekends
* Exclusive videos
* Strategy guides
* Additional bonus content

I don't want Close Quarters that looks too much like MW with endless spawn die spawn die size maps but the other packs especially Armoured Kill look good

Oh and if you're a PS3 type you get access two weeks before everyone else

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 06-Jun-12 11:49:39
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 3 Premium

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

£40?! That seems a bit steep, how much are the map packs anyway about £6ish? I already have Back to Karkand so does that mean there are 4 more map packs to come out? If so I would rather just pay £6 each than have all the other bits with it.

"Unique platoon emblems"
"Unique soldier camos"
"Unique knife
"Unique dog tag"

Wow, how terrible! Maybe it will appeal to the 14 year olds but I personally think it's a waste of money. Is Close Quarters out on Xbox yet then do you know?

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Jun-12 12:28:06
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

No idea how much they are separately. Like you I already have Back to Karkand, I don't want close quarters and I definitely don't want any of the BS dog tags etc
I'm happy to wait until sept when Armoured Kill comes out and the price has dropped.
£40 is nothing to a kid, little Johnny will tell his mum he needs it because all his mates have it she being such a great mum will open her purse and buy him the lot provided he does some work about the house which won't happen
smile

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(member) Wed 06-Jun-12 13:24:41
Print Post

Karkand was 1200 ms points so £10 per epansion pack!!
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 06-Jun-12 14:01:10
Print Post

Hahaha, very true! smile

Didn't realise Karkand was 1,200 points but it was a while ago I bought it and the memory isn't great! Not sure what I will do then to be honest, I think I will just review the map packs as and when they come out and see if I feel they are worth my money. I may just abandon BF3 though and wait until something new comes out at the end of the year. Summer is here now and I currently have Max Payne 3 and Prototype 2 to get through and then Fifa will be out in September which will take me up to end of the year.

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Jun-12 16:38:55
Print Post

Bought, but I didn't have B2K so it's better value for me.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jun-12 12:50:05
Print Post

[censored] the three mates I play BF with have bought the premium pack, oh well looks like I'll have to get it. One of them said the CQ maps are a lot bigger than he expected.

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Jun-12 12:17:09
Print Post

Well I bought it and have so far played Ziba tower and something fortress once each
Spawn die Spawn die Spawn die Spawn die Spawn die Spawn die .......................................
Not just me every ones kills and deaths scores show the same story, basically you run around a corner and either kill the bloke in front or he kills you, whoever survives usually dies while you're watching the vid of him. Your life expectancy is very short.
Just like playing MW :/

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Jun-12 12:50:14
Print Post

Only MW3 does not feel like you are playing in Quick Sand and is far faster wink

Im done with MW and Battlefield anyway as they are both boring me to death wink
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Mon 11-Jun-12 16:13:46
Print Post

Well CQ was always going to be like that, EA want to make Battlefield into COD, everyone just wants to rip of gamers as much as possible these days.

Its a shame you cant just pay for the expansion packs earlier and remove all the other premium [censored], though one thing to remember is most BF players got B2K free at launch.

So 30 pounds for all 3 expansion packs would be better or even 40 wouldnt be bad if they added in say another 4+ maps from BF2.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to