Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JonasTone
(newbie) Mon 11-Jun-12 08:29:25
Print Post

BF3 Premium. Will you be getting it?

[link to this post]

As an avid PC gamer, i have been loving BF3 since its release, minus the obvious hacker issues and the issues with some of the idiotic people who play it. Aside from that nonsense the game is awesome and fun, But how many of you will be getting premium or have already got it or just see it as money making.

Premium gets the purchaser the current map pack(back to Karkand) and all the future make packs that are currently in line for release, 4 in total and early access to them once released, it also gets you access to the new weapons and camos and assignments associate's to the new maps, fancy dog tags and a fancy new knife. All of this costs £39.99 but this is considerably cheaper than purchasing 4 £14.99 expansions.

What do you think?

By the way, if you play and want to join me or my clan for some fun add me on origin cXn_John

John
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 12-Jun-12 09:44:04
Print Post

Re: BF3 Premium. Will you be getting it?

[re: JonasTone] [link to this post]

I think it's terrible to be honest. I have already paid £10 for Back to Karkand, if I now pay another £40 I am going to get Back to Karkand which I don't need any maybe 3 more map packs. I suppose you can't particularly blame them, if they are going to continue working on it they want to make money but I am not paying for the game twice which is essentially what this is.

Things like guns and outfits etc. must take them hours to create if that, they are just bullcrap extras that will appeal to the kiddies and they use to beef it out to justify the price tag.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Jun-12 11:15:32
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Totally agree with you, Jaxxx. Just trying to justify their hefty pricing for what looks like very little actual original content.

By original, I mean innovative in that you aren't just getting more maps, a couple of new (and probably useless) vehicles and weapons, but maybe something that really adds to the game in a big way, creates a new direction, gives a new setting, something different. Then it would make sense.

But no, all the real work has been done and now they want to charge the same price or higher than people paid for the actual game just so they can churn out more maps that you might otherwise have had for free (with the modding community input) back in the days of BF1942. Wow, I am sounding like some grumpy old granddad harking on about the (imaginary) good old days that never even properly existed but you get my point*.

*Yeah, I just wanna moan! grin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JonasTone
(newbie) Tue 12-Jun-12 12:11:11
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Well i can say from my fist little pop on the new maps they are certainly not what i was expecting, and was more fun to
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Tue 12-Jun-12 13:16:07
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Most people got B2K free when they bought the game when it first launched, for those who bought it afterwards it is enoying, £30.00 would be more reasonable but theirs only 1 price and i cant see it moving.

Can always use vpn to india to get it for £17.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Jun-12 16:13:41
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

How do you you VPN? I think I would much rather pay less. £17 is definitely a fairer price though like you, I'd be prepared to pay up to £30 max depending on the content. £40 is just too much for the PC.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Tue 12-Jun-12 19:30:35
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Have sent you a pm with a link to a few forums with instructions on what to do.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Jun-12 23:12:56
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Thanks pal. Have visited your link and read briefly what the guys are saying but I personally feel EA will be VERY quick to respond and block people from doing this as it really threatens their business model.

People are saying they will buy more EA games this way and I can't see this loophole staying open for long at all. Still, if they don't close it by the time I get round to investigating things then i shall definitely give it a go.

Thanks again. smile
  Print Thread

Jump to