Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jun-12 17:29:14
Print Post

Battlefield veterans explain ?

[link to this post]

So i have to confess to really liking Battlefield 3 apart from the fact i find it at present way harder to shot someone than say Cod games.

Only really played conquest mode and i have noticed that since i have been playing it with Microphone attached i have not heard one single voice,not even a squeak.

Now there is a option to join squads .......So what does that actually do and is there really any point,i have joined a squad but there is nobody taking and i really find that quite hard to believe with such a team based game.

Unless of course i am doing something completely wrong here and that is why i don't hear anybody,in the menu i have seen that my microphone is all working and correct,tested it when i talk and when i mute it and all work fine why nobody else seem to have them beggars belief .

Really great game but i need a decent weapon and a red dot sight,not got a clue when these become available as it don't really say apart from its locked when i pick it.

So Spook when you pop out of that cave of yours as you seem to have vanished like Houdini again,and Swanny how about some nice pointers here wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jun-12 19:41:10
Print Post

Re: Battlefield veterans explain ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Go here http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/swannymx (change to your name and platform) to find your progress, amongst other things it will show you in what order each weapon unlocks it's extras. I use fore grip, red dot and suppressor on most weapons depending on the map and which class I'm playing. Also you can see which weapon has a good H/K % ratio for you. The SCAR-H works best for me

I always play as part of a squad even when not playing with my mates. Above all being part of a squad gives you options on where you can spawn.
You noticed the lack of 13 year olds screaming down the mic then laugh
Can't speak for the 360 but on the PS there are people playing that have mics but they don't usually talk unless you say something first unless you have joined a squad where they are already talking. Most of the chat is just game stuff like "Tank on bravo" etc

Glad you're having fun

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 21-Jun-12 20:17:10
Print Post

Only problem with random public is not all people have mic's some do, ive not really bothered with in game coms always use ts3 etc.

Being in a squad even if its just random public improves the gameplay alot as you get different squad perks ie ammo/nade/sprint/explosive which add- also squad leader orders given via the com rose give more points when attacking/defending a flag/mcom.

If you can play with a clan/community the game is alot better as everyone is on comms and you will out perform most people in the game through teamwork and organisation.

As for gun setups, swanny has linked you to the stats page- you need to get x amount of kills before each unlock on a gun- same with vehicles.

As for what unlocks to go with- sights are personal preference, forgrip is not bad/ bi-pod mainly for lmg's snipers etc.

Suppresor got nerfed and so did suprresion so its best to either go with flash suppresor or heavy barrel, laser sight is not to bad but it depends on the gun.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Jun-12 00:37:50
Print Post

Well, I never thought I'd see the day. Finally. wink

Can't help you much tho but I think Lt Swan and Ccxo have made some good suggestions. Your stats page will show you which unlockable perks are upcoming - you need to unlock things like gun sights and laser dots and the like, and then, importantly, enable them in your gun/player load out screen.

You will be made aware when you've unlocked a certain item and can select it for next time you do battle (it should stay selected as far as I recall so you don't have to choose your equipment every time you play but you might wanna check for each gaming session).

I haven't played BF3 for ages and sill haven't solved my PC set up problem. Got too much junk in my living room as it is and adding a desk is not really what I wanna do. Gotta see about sorting that out as it's no gaming till then.

About chat in games: what I've found myself is the really serious players (and I'm talking PC here so I don't know about you console players) is they use teamspeak and the like so they may be busy chatting amongst themselves and not use the in game voice comms much if at all. Then, like Ccxo mentioned, you've got people who don't have a mic set up. Then there's the typical player who won't talk much unless there are a few others communicating together as part of a team: this encourages others, with a mic, to join in as they can see a point beyond idle chatter or stupid stuff. I used to find US and Canadian players a lot more communicative than us rather reserved Brits but when there are clans on in a game, you do get some better banter so maybe you should look out for those?

Getting the weapons unlocks for someone who's starting the game so late might be a good option. I may even look to do that when I finally start playing it again myself. Anyway, who needs big guns when you've got a tank, eh? grin
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-12 00:40:44
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Thanks for that guys and i have to say Swanny I'm addicted to it at present,but having the attention span of a Goldfish then that could change.wink

Anyway I'm Rank 6 now [yippee ] and once i get my scar and a better weapon with a red dot site watch out smile

Normally in the top 3 in most matches points wise not exactly on a killing spree.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-12 01:04:55
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Hiya my Matey.........Been down that hole again wink Caveman tongue

Well in for a penny in for a pound,i needed something to hold my attention for quite a while,done max payne,done prototype 2,done ghost recon future soldier and none of the mentioned that have online modes are that exciting to be honest.

So with the 8 month grief of the likes of you and Mr Swanny i thought why not revisit the game i said was pants,guess what its not,its a lot of fun and quite honestly i love it...........Well i do this week who knows about next week wink

Max payne was a brilliant single player experience but yet to this day i have never ever seen a decent 3rd person shooter and I'm afraid thats still the case with both Max and Ghost.

They are not bad games they just don't get me excited.obviously with my short attention span Battlefield needed plenty of time to get used to so i gave it some.

Basically based my judgement of the game on the single player that i played and that did not impress me one little bit,but the multiplayer is very very good and because of the gaming drought once again upon us i thought why not buy it again at a bargin £16.99.

Problem is you know me,within minutes that price had just shot up another £40 as i had to be up to date and have everything that most Battlefield players had.

One thing i can not get to grips with and i guess I'm going to die many times is piloting helicopters and jets,every single time i get in one i crash within seconds tongue.

Im also confused with this battlelog that keeps flashing in the xbox menu,i am a member of EA origin and when i sign in it keeps telling me wrong email or password even though i just changed it.

It says in the menu screens sign up for battlelog but it aint having it.........so don't know if this is just a PC stats screen or what ?

Edited by time2die (Fri 22-Jun-12 09:11:47)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-12 01:14:27
Print Post

I just started using the L86A2 so far so good me like

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-12 01:19:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
One thing i can not get to grips with and i guess I'm going to die many times is piloting helicopters and jets,every single time i get in one i crash within seconds tongue.

I'm ok-ish in the heli but only a danger to myself when in a jet. I gave up my ambitions of being an ace pilot ages ago smile

Jet
Score 202
Time 00:31:09
Kills 0

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Edited by Lt_Swan (Fri 22-Jun-12 01:20:41)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Jun-12 02:08:53
Print Post

Ug ug. Yeah, I came out of my deep dark pit just because I heard you'd finally bought Battlefield 3. tongue

Can't help with the Battlelog thing. Well, not right now anyway. I'm using my laptop and I ain't got it installed. Maybe Lt Swan or Mr Nelster will help you with that? Well worth getting to grips with though as it shows you so much more about the game.

You can pay for the weapons unlocks and stuff then no? I was thinking of doing that when I rejoin the action myself. Depends how much it is though.

Yeah, takes a while to control the jets and helos. I've been playing Battlefield games for years and years so can pilot aircraft okay but it is a whole different story for actually killing anything in one. The really good pilots have mastered the finer points and can't say I've ever been in their league even for a moment. Good fun though. It's a shame BF3 doesn't seem to have a way of practising flying offline? Can you create your own server or local game and then practise flying? I dunno how it works for BF3. You certainly could do this for BF2 and BF1942.

Keep on trucking is all I can say. laugh
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-12 11:44:11
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I know nothing about the Battlelog thing. My mates are trying to get me on it but I can't be arsed smile

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to