Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Jul-12 11:09:56
Print Post

Dust 514 Beta

[link to this post]

As mrnelster says it has turned up on the psn store and i am tempted given the sever gaming drought,says its free to play but if thats the case what is this £13.99 pack involve that you are essentially required to buy to play the game.

i have to say the game looks pretty epic and there seems to be a lot of tactical play and decision making,does this game have something to do with eve online,not played that either so may be PC players can give us a insight into what exactly this Dust game is all about.wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Jul-12 15:53:04
Print Post

Re: Dust 514 Beta

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I believe the link mate, is the command/strategy side of things.

In EVE online they decide what they want to fight over and where, and the PS3ers fight those very battles for them. Could open up some interesting clan reputation options? I was going to check it out, but I will wait until it is free to check out any lag issues first.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Sun 01-Jul-12 22:53:08
Print Post

Have a read of the DUST 514 FAQ as it answers all the questions about the game,

http://www.dust514.com/game/faq/

Is a pretty limited entry into the EVE universe at first, only a small section of space regions and limited interaction between eve and dust but it needs to be so it can be worked out and built upon, it will be interesting to see how well it works.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Sun 01-Jul-12 22:54:13)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Jul-12 00:03:43
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I could not resist the temptation and downloaded it,not exactly that exciting in the 20 minutes i spent playing it but i dare say with more time and patience it might reap rewards.

not entirely convinced its my cup of tea though wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Jul-12 04:15:02
Print Post

I'd like to see how far you take this one T2D. It'd be nice to see you become master of the EVE universe or something just for shock value alone! But I seriously doubt you'll be playing for much longer than it takes you to have that cup of tea. No offence meant of course - time and patience and all that. wink

From watching another video about it all I could see there seemed to be a lot of thought gone in for aiding new players into the EVE/Dust universe and it's definitely a novel idea to tie them together like that.

Dust to dust. Ashes to ashes. Sipping tea. Furtively. Your mind is always on upcoming releases mate. Always on the horizon. Never in the present. You should practise meditation my friend. Free your mind. Empty it of thought. Become one with the silence. The terrible silence.* Ommmmmm. tongue

* Yargh!!!!
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Jul-12 06:25:05
Print Post

How were the controls mate, responsive and well balanced or treacle?
Standard User Stealth549
(newbie) Mon 02-Jul-12 09:55:22
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I have been playing the beta for sometime and I have been an eve online player for many many years.

I will try my best to explain the game. Dust 514 is an addition to the eve online universe and will be directly linked and will influence the warfare in eve online .

It will be free to play and you only need to sign up for the beta.

Eve online has many systems and planets. At release 19,135 planets will have the potential to have battles on them, eve online players can hire these dust players to capture the planets.

There are a few videos on you tube, the more recent ones from E3 are worth a watch if people are interested in the game. Also the "DUST514 Keynotes" on you tube will give more detailed info.

I would like to point out that the beta is not a demo and is a work in progress, and I expect the game play to be vastly improved then what it is now. I'm not a particular good player but I still enjoy playing it.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Jul-12 12:56:09
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Never a true word spoken Spooky wink your right i doubt i will play this for long as i don't think it looks that interesting and neither does the game and the way it plays look that exciting either.

There are way better games out there than this to play,i may be a little hard as i have the attention span of a Gnat and there are plenty of customisation menus in this game and a hell of a lot to take in.

May give it some more time but i am not exactly blown away if I'm honest,the controls don't feel that fluid and the shooting is not really up to fps standards.

its going to be a dead 5 months as far cry 3 has just slipped from Sep to november..........Drat.........Don't make me buy a Nintendo wii u for gods sake else that would be desperate considering how much my Nintendo wii got used and has not seen the light of day for the past 15 months.

Edited by time2die (Mon 02-Jul-12 12:59:04)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Jul-12 23:09:27
Print Post

Hey mate, have you checked out Spec Ops: The Line yet? There's a review over at my favourite geek news site, Trusted Reviews. Haven't read the whole article yet but it looks more up your street?

Myself, I am playing CODMW again but this time on a mac laptop! Got it set to veteran but I can't get past that damn TV station level. It's a little harder using a trackpad for this kind of thing. crazy

You should go into game journalism mate. Set up your own site. You could call it Time to Play or something. You could make millions! smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Jul-12 01:05:21
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Spec ops the line has favourable reviews i grant you that,but and this is a BIG BUT [bit like Beyonce] its rubbish ?

Downloaded the demo and quite frankly i dont know how it got so many good reviews,not my cup of tea but hey ho what is lately.

Really into my Battlefield to be quite truthful its a fantastic game real quality with some tactical play for good measure.......Love to learn how to fly those helicopters and jets but for now i will stick with my land vehicles tongue

Edited by time2die (Tue 03-Jul-12 09:37:36)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to