Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-Jul-12 03:21:15
Print Post

Fantastic Contraption

[link to this post]

Anyone played this online puzzle game? If not, I dare you to. It is devious. It's really hard and ties my brain up in a knotty torture.

I was thinking it could provide quite an interesting psychological experiment for problem solving. Now, I confess I am not very good and though I have quite a logical mind, a lot of the solutions to these puzzles and the various ways they can be solved completely escaped me. I want to see if you can do better.

grin

Warning - this could be really time consuming for people, who like me, just don't know when to let go and call it quits.

Tip - though it's cheating, Youtube is your friend and definitely helps relieve the agony! I cheated and it felt great but also bad.

Anyhow, still reading. Where's that link then? So here it is: Fantastic Contraption. It's all kinds of ARGHHHH!!! You have been warned! cool
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Jul-12 08:55:19
Print Post

Re: Fantastic Contraption

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I got bored after 2 seconds reading the tutorial tongue,think i will stick to something like Portal 2 Mr Spooky.
Standard User jimbob81
(newbie) Tue 10-Jul-12 14:50:47
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It was a bit of fun... for a few minutes.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-Jul-12 21:02:49
Print Post

[re: jimbob81] [link to this post]

You guys need to get past the tutorial. There's a whole other world of fun and stuff waiting for you! tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Jul-12 23:44:07
Print Post

Completed the first page, took an hour though!

Might have another go tomorrow. smile
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Jul-12 00:05:38
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

That's very good going. Took me about an hour just to do some of the puzzles on their own.

Completed the whole of the second page now though. I was pleased I didn't need any help with the last one. That must've taken at least an hour too. Been Youtubing a lot of them though as clearly the type of thinking required for these puzzles definitely ain't my strong point.

Did better than T2D though, he didn't even get past the tutorial. laugh
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jul-12 00:32:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Did better than T2D though, he didn't even get past the tutorial.
To be fair to the old boy I think he was tied up on more important business.

Something about a well apparently?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jul-12 00:35:33
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

tongue who told you that.........traitors.............

Actually it was me in the video winding those 2 up if the truths known wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jul-12 00:36:57
Print Post

That's very good going. Took me about an hour just to do some of the puzzles on their own.

Time to get a console matey if your that desperate..........wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Jul-12 03:20:32
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Mrnelster's the clever one mate, I'm a dunce with this thing. That's partly why I was interested to see how other people would get on with the puzzles as I was so stuck, didn't know where to start. I think I have a lack of creative imagination - I couldn't envisage where to begin.

Also, most of my contraptions were very mundane: they had wheels and just plodded along. The clever ones (with other separate moving parts and catapulting devices etc) were all totally copied from other people's efforts posted on Youtube.

I've got MW1 on my laptop and loads of Steam games but I've spent god-knows-how-many-hours on that Fantastic Contraptions site. There's a FC2 game but I'm not going anywhere near that one. Congrats to anyone who can do those puzzles in less than an hour though.

Still think I will wait for the next gen of consoles matey, I have a feeling they are gonna be pretty sweet. And I don't wanna pay out for hardware that's less able than my current PC really. Yeah, the PS3 is meant to be great as an entertainment hub. I kinda wish I had just bought one ages ago instead of buying a blu ray player. Anyway...

Bet you guys can't do the FC U turn mission!

(it's the last one)smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to