Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jul-12 09:17:39
Print Post

Medal Of Honor Warfighter ?

[link to this post]

So what do we think of this and will it be another hype over substance game that fails to deliver.

I have to say this VIDEO looks pretty impressive but so did the last medal of honour and that was Pants tongue

The blood effects look like red powder explodes from the body and its not exactly that convincing.

Edited by time2die (Tue 17-Jul-12 09:19:22)

Standard User greedy4
(member) Tue 17-Jul-12 10:54:07
Print Post

Re: Medal Of Honor Warfighter ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

alpha vid, bound be taken down soon

video
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Jul-12 13:36:57
Print Post

Yeah the blood looks stoopid man yo dunnit? wink

What's with the Linkin Park, Lies, Greed and Misery song? Are they trying to sex up violence like they done show in that documentary Fahrenheit 9/11?

I hate this kind of thing. In my mind it's extremely crass to have a heavy metal/alternative rock track playing alongside acts of violence. EA should not be pumping it out in their marketing material. If you like high octane music along with your FPS gaming then that's fair enough, it's a personal choice. Just don't sell your games like that.

I would use a vomiting smiley but there isn't one so I'll use the mad one instead, mad. There that's better.

Okay, all self-righteous indignation asides, the game (without the soundtrack) looks sort of all right if you take away the arcade-like CODMW online fast-play element. At least the graphics are all right and there are silly/nice gadgets to use, which gives the game a less serious bent. And maybe that's why I'm being all Daily Mail, is modern warfare meant to look like that? All cartoon violence almost?

Have EA got it totally wrong here and gone way too far down the route of satisfying burgeoning adolescent male yobbery? I don't know but I prefer a slightly more serious and sedate campaign mode myself. Anyway, too early to tell (hopefully!)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jul-12 23:26:04
Print Post

[re: greedy4] [link to this post]

Correct wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jul-12 23:37:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
I have to say this VIDEO looks pretty impressive but so did the last medal of honour and that was Pants
It won't look like that on the consoles.

Haven't we been here before? wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jul-12 08:58:11
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

It will on my Playstation 4 wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jul-12 21:44:40
Print Post

I think my PS4 is faulty. It only appears to work with my eyes closed. wink

I just hope the physical model lives up to my virtual one.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Jul-12 01:39:25
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Nothing would have made me more excited this year than the arrival of a new Playstation 4 and Xbox 720 or whatever they call them.

Now all i got to look forward to is Black ops 2 and a Nintendo Wii U which in all honesty i really dont think i will be buying one but i do like the look of the Ubisoft game Zombie U but thats about it.

Only a new Metroid made and developed by Retro would make me seriously consider.
  Print Thread

Jump to