Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Aug-12 00:00:13
Print Post

Let Sleeping Dogs lie?

[link to this post]

Nice play on words no? No? Ah. Why do I bother?

Sleeping Dogs review

Anyone getting this? Reckon 80% is likely a bit on the low side but haven't read the review properly yet. So I'm betting the game will appeal quite a lot more than that. If you like your sandbox action it might be worth looking into. Can't hurt too much can it?

You can always trade it in. (Unless you're getting it for the PC.)

smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Aug-12 08:47:38
Print Post

Re: Let Sleeping Dogs lie?

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Like Spooky tongue and get lumbered with it forever ?

I have spoken about it on the forums a few weeks ago and mentioned it on my return PM to yourself,mine should be dropping through the letterbox in the next few hours.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Aug-12 20:47:28
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Will await your review with baited breath. Especially as I was duped into buying Assassins Creed I and II for 17.99. It's amazing what gaming boredom can make you do.

If Sleeping Dogs is even half decent I may have to give it a go. Is it drop, in drop out co-op do you know?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Aug-12 00:26:08
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Been playing it today and from the first 2 hours its a button bashing frenzy that is all i can say about it,its pretty decent but from what i have played its not that exciting and if i was you matey and you are desperate for a game then go get Prototype 2 as this is fun from the word go.

On that subject Mr Mrnelster and I'm guessing you still have not downloaded Journey [hold your head in shame] i suggest if you want another classic game that has just hit the Playstation store then download Sound Shapes because this is pure class.......

Don't be fooled by the 2 hour single player play through because this is just a starter for your music editor and this is how you collect all the instruments and other stuff.

I made a quick level myself tonight and also played many that have been uploaded and i have to say games like this don't come around very often so its extremely pleasing when they do.

Another bonus if you have a Vita YOU AINT tongue you get that version free when you download the Playstation 3 version.............No I'm not selling it yet so stop sobbing wink even though its the first time in 4 months i have played it due to the lack of anything decent.

So T2D tip of the day especially if you have a Vita is download Sound Shapes............Period

Check out Sound Shapes Matey

Edited by time2die (Thu 16-Aug-12 00:30:51)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Aug-12 00:37:09
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
...if you have a Vita YOU AINT...
Yet is the key word there bud.

You'll get bored with yours eventually. And when you do, when you're at your lowest ebb, both hands tugging at your remaining few hairs, tormenting yourself, "Why, oh why did I buy that [censored] Wii U Lord?" that's when I'll strike!
In reply to a post by time2die:
...stop sobbing...
Don't be so ridiculous, I've just got something in my eye, that's all. Honest. tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Aug-12 00:57:45
Print Post

Not seen you around much matey wink You and Spook got married or something and been on your honeymoon or what ?

Sleeping dogs by all accounts is getting solid reviews but i just don't get it,may be its because i love shooting things and i have never been a fan of button bashing beat em up type games and thats all i have been doing virtually with this game for the past 4 hours of play its becoming tedious to say the least.

Since i have about as much patience as a Gnat,and get even more frustrated as a wasp in a beer garden on a hot day i decided to give Saints Row the Third another bit of my time and I'm so glad i did as this is a far better game than i thought in the first place.

Ive slated it the past few weeks but its far more fun than sleeping dogs and im going to play this game through this time around been the game drought that we are having.

Should have Darksiders 2 tomorrow and have had Sleeping dogs since Tuesday.............Way to go Shopto.net......best online gaming site by far for games.

Check out my Far Cry 3 threads as i am sure its a game that will have you excited,especially 4 player co/op.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Aug-12 01:08:09
Print Post

I tell you now if i end up buying a Nintendo Wii U i am not showing my face on here again and i will have to question my mental state of health tongue

Nothing on this system makes me remotely excited and to me its my worse nightmare and seems like a Nintendo Wii part 2,jez the dam thing even uses the Wii add ons .

Over the years i have wasted money on many games and consoles but the Nintendo Wii has to be the icing on the cake.never hardly used and boxed up in a darkened corner for the past 12/15 months and confirms my pure hatred to motion gaming,also ditched the Kinect and the Move as in my opinion they are a complete waste of time,i actually get out of breath putting my socks on each morning tongue so when i want to chill out and play a game i don't want to be having to exercise at the same time waving my arms around like some lunatic,i also don't want to be in a room that has to be so bright for the Playstation move or Kinect to actually register that yes i am actually 3 feet from you and im sick to death of having to calibrate and reset the dam things...........
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Aug-12 14:36:54
Print Post

Sleeping Dogs £30

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sleeping-dogs-ps3-36...

Sleeping Dogs PS3/360 £29.99 instore @ Morrisons

If anyone wants it

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
  Print Thread

Jump to