Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Wab
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Aug-12 16:09:28
Print Post

GW2 Immortal last dance in finakl stress test!

[link to this post]

Immortals dancing final (we think) GW2 stress Test

Immortals Dancing!

really funny tongue

| It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. .|
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Aug-12 18:18:48
Print Post

Re: GW2 Immortal last dance in finakl stress test!

[re: Wab] [link to this post]

God you must be bored with the servers locked down and all that. tongue

OT: if servers come online, going to see if my outfit can get a mosquito / top gun moment going. laugh
ISP Representative DanB
(isp) Sun 26-Aug-12 00:02:30
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

WvWvW is great fun, I can say that much! A bit of a mixed launch, given earlier issues (including 4 hours of not being able to connect - watched the football instead), but playing in the battlegrounds has more than made up for it! smile

Server was up by 5:02am, this morning, I had my five characters created by 5:07am - it's been a long but fun day!

Regards,

Dan B
---------------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=---------------
ZeN Office
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 26-Aug-12 12:17:19
Print Post

[re: DanB] [link to this post]

how does this compare with WoW, I know its a different genre but my interest is peaked somewhat smile

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
ISP Representative DanB
(isp) Sat 01-Sep-12 18:43:10
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrGrumpy:
how does this compare with WoW, I know its a different genre but my interest is peaked somewhat smile

Having played quite a bit in Battlegrounds in WoW (L19 Gnome Mage with 2.5k worth of kit/enchants - probably not much, these days), and now in World-vs-World in GW2, I can honestly say I prefer GW2.

Basically, there are four large maps which are all linked, and you are thrown in with players from two other servers. You can choose which map to load into, but can swap between at any time - each server has what can be considered the entrance-map for that server (although you can jump into any map), plus one central map with a massive castle in the centre.

Scattered around each of the maps are various camps, towers, keeps, and that single castle in the central map. Taking control of one of these involves gaining entry (camps are open, all others have one or more gates you need to smash down), then finding and killing the Lord of the location, then keeping players on your side within the ownership circle for a certain amount of time (the more players, the quicker the take-over).

Every five minutes, the scores are updated depending on how many control points your server has control of - 5 points for a camp, 10 points for a tower, 25 points for a keep, and 50 points for the castle. There are 24 camps and towers across the four maps, along with 12 keeps, and the single castle.

Within each location, there is a supply-level, which players can pick up up to 10 supplies, which can then be used to repair damage to a structure, build new structures (siege weapons/defences from blueprints you buy from vendors), or take them with them to build offensive siege weaponry to attack other enemy structures.

Currently, while ArenaNet work out which servers are closely matched, the maps reset every 24 hours, and your server will get matched up against another 2 servers - once things settle down, that reset-time will become a week or two (can't remember which) and you'll remain matched up against the same servers (unless one becomes massively imbalanced), leading to lots of skirmishes against two other servers to try to keep your server's points higher than the other two...

Regards,

Dan B
---------------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=---------------
ZeN Office
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to