Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Sep-12 17:43:26
Print Post

Resident evil 6 demo......Oh Dear! Pre/order Cancelled

[link to this post]

So the Resident evil demo has now gone live on both the xbox and Playstation stores,so i was a tad excited and downloaded it,you get to play as 3 different characters and judging by the demo Capcom have failed miserably with this piece of utter garbage.

Graphics look like something from 5 years ago and Resident Evil 4 the Gamecube version from around that time looks and actually plays out like a resident evil game .

This is a step backwards and they may have well and truly killed the franchise here.its just basically an over the shoulder shooter with no sense of fear,tension and some of the worse Monsters i have ever seen with such a low polygon count it beggars belief how this game got past the drawing board.

I was a massive resident evil fan from the past but after the abysmal Racoon city and now this which in all honesty looks just as bad if not worse i wont be buying it.

There are to many games coming out around Oct/Nov that will blow massive holes in this game if there isn't enough already.

But i thank Capcom for been brave enough or stupid enough for releasing the demo as it just saved me £40 notes as i have now cancelled my pre/order with extreme Prejudice.

With Borderlands 2 tomorrow which by all accounts is getting some fantastic rave reviews,Dishonoured a few weeks later,Black Ops 2 and Zombies and then Far Cry 3 who needs to be wasting money on this garbage .

Edited by time2die (Thu 20-Sep-12 17:43:38)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Sep-12 20:15:04
Print Post

Re: Resident evil 6 demo......Oh Dear! Pre/order Cancelled

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Demos are not always reflective of the finished game. It could actually be a lot better when it's released*.

grin

wink wink

*as if

Having read a review of Borderlands 2, I might be tempted to pick that up myself one of these days. It is VERY very repetitive though. Just reading the second page of the review sends shivers of revulsion down me. All those tool boxes absolutely stuffed full of rolls of cash and finding your money has only gone up by $2 or something. Argh. All those stupid guns with marginal differences in spec that require all that comparison in working out if it's worth picking up or not. But, still, it does haver a certain je ne c'est quoi about it. It'll do till FC3 I guess. laugh
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Sep-12 00:00:28
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Can not say i have ever played a demo and disliked a game only to go out and buy it on release but i get your point Spook,and if this is the case the Capcom have done themselves no favours with this demo.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Sep-12 21:32:02
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah. I was being sarcastic matey. smile I agree, if a demo is very poor then the real game is hardly likely to be great no matter what. I don't think they improve that much on release generally. And the previous Resi Evil games looked pants too.

One to avoid!

cool
  Print Thread

Jump to