Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Oct-12 21:49:34
Print Post

Dishonored...Simply Superb

[link to this post]

Well i picked up this gem of a game today and i had to come onto the forums to say what a breath of fresh air to finally all year play a game of real Quality.

Only been playing it for about 1 hour but you know within minutes of it starting you have something very special here.

My initial thought is its very Bioshock like and is that a bad thing.........No.

So back to the game as i can see it been a very late night,besides nobody else seems to be posting much stuff game related and it seems Spook and mrnelster have done a bunk or eloped and got married wink

Thank you finally for delivering a Gaming Gem after a year of complete dross so far if i really think about it
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Oct-12 22:06:00
Print Post

Re: Dishonored...Simply Superb

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

No. I'm still around just reading about Dishonored and waiting to see what kind of a reaction it got from YOU.

I've finally got my PC back up and running on a makeshift desk and been playing games. Luverly! Got loads of games on Steam to download and play inc. Max Payne 3, LA Noire and Alan Wake from the summer sales.

Gotta say I am very sceptical when it comes to reading reviews even from sites like Kotaku and The Escapist, which I respect much more than the mainstream consumer games publications.

One thing I want to ask is how open is the Dishonored world? Can you basically do (side) quests in any order/when you feel like it? Go anywhere anytime? Some have described it as a cross between Bioshock and Deus Ex among others: does that mean it's very linear? I loved Bioshock but the last Deus Ex was mainly very boring I felt. Give me wide open worlds (like Skyrim/GTA4) and I am a happy bunny.

Glad you're finally enjoying something though. Should be quiet for a few days at least! tongue
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-12 00:30:06
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I bought uncharted 3
It's not bad tongue

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-12 01:08:18
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yeah matey you get plenty of side quests as you try and do the main missions and the game can be quite taxing and strategic ,stealth is a good option but you know me there is nothing like a good blast with your pistol and beheading a villain with your sword.

You can do the quests in any order you choose wink

Plenty of special abilities and upgrades to collect and its s brilliant game Spook and the first time i can say this year i have been well pleased apart from Max Payne 3 which i also thought was awesome at the time.

Tell you had a good the game is,i spent the best part of 3 hours on it this evening but looking at the stats after each level i had hardly uncovered any secrets or got the grade i was looking for so i have started out again and deleted the save.

To be honest personally i think its better than the original Bioshock and i loved that game.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-12 01:09:15
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

mrnelster just bought Uncharted 1 tongue

He thought it just got released this Friday............
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 13-Oct-12 16:03:54
Print Post

Been watching some walkthroughs on Youtube and the game looks very linear to me really. I prefer a more open world to play in.

That said, I will defo get the game at some point. Just not right now I don't think. I was very tempted to buy it on Steam for a bit but now, I think I'll wait. There is speculation this game will reduce in price very quickly. It's currently £25 on Amazon so I'm gonna wait for it to drop even more.

Sorry to be so boring. Maybe you can help change my mind? Keep playing my friend and let us know how it goes.

smile
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-12 17:50:05
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
I bought uncharted 3
It's not bad tongue
You may recall I played the series backwards and I thought 3 was the best looking, 2 was the best overall, but 1 was the best frrom a shooting point of view. They seemed to take a lot more killing in that one!
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-12 17:56:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
To be honest personally i think its better than the original Bioshock and i loved that game.
I'm still nowhere near finishing Bioshock. Might try to give it a few hours tonight if I can get near the telly!
  Print Thread

Jump to