Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Oct-12 08:51:15
Print Post

This is a discussion forum......

[link to this post]

....not a notice board.

End of message. tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Oct-12 09:35:20
Print Post

Re: This is a discussion forum......

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Surprised its so quiet with so many decent games on the Horizon and Chrimbo just around the cornerwink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Oct-12 12:39:56
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Xmas has come early for me since I got my PC back up. All those Steam games I got in the summer (if you can call it that) mean I am now super busy flicking through the delights of:

Alan Wake - is this really a game? Hating it so far. Made me forget what good gaming actually was. Until... I tried

Batman: Arkham City - okay, so not my normal cuppa as it's a bit arcadey (very fast and frantic) but it's so polished and so much fun compared to A.Wake. Really impressive visuals and characterisation. However, what's really floated good ship Spooko is

Max Payne 3 - Max really is back! Oh yes. This, unlike Batman, is consistently fun to play. I don't mind the frequent (and long but now skipable) cutscenes at all though I can see where people were coming from. This is the old Max for sure, slowly matured like the malt whiskey he's so fond of and just as bitter, broken and cynical as before. Hard to leave the game and that's what gaming is all about, innit folks?

Also got Sleeping Dogs on Steam yesterday as it's half price for the weekend (£14.99). I'm looking forward to it as I'm really wanting some open world gaming even if I have to beat it out of 'em (not many guns as T2D said before). I prefer guns but hey.

So, yes, Xmas is here already for me. And I haven't got through half the list of games I've still not played. LA Noire, Fallout: New Vegas, Payday: The Heist, Tropico 4 just to mention a few. Oh, and the Dead Space games. Mustn't forget those.

Spook has spoken. Let him rest now. How you getting on with Dishonored T2D mate? And how's Bioshock one going for you mrnelstar? Sir!

laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Oct-12 12:49:35
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I plan to get Max Payne 3 next
Playing UC3 at the mo.
Blimey the ship part is amazing, think I'm going to replay that level as soon as I've finished it

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Oct-12 14:05:27
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

You won't regret Max Payne 3 mate. I don't think so anyhow. The only complaint I could make so far would be maybe it's going to be a little short? I hope not though. I think I'm just 2 chapters in so I'm expecting to be half way at most. If not I shall be very sad. It's great fun so far.

Wish there was no such things as PS3/Xbox exclusives. There are too many games I'd like to play that are never coming my way in PC land. The Unchartered stuff would've been very nice and just my cuppa tea.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Oct-12 14:28:35
Print Post

I loved the first one so I reckon I'll like number 3
Yea I wish I could get forza but that's only xbox

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Oct-12 17:07:47
Print Post

Dishonoured is a gem of a game mate and pure delight and the best game release of 2012 so far until im hoping Far Cry 3 takes that honour.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Oct-12 17:09:18
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Uncharted 3 Battlefields you mean..........You serious wink you actually playing something else tongue

Edited by time2die (Sun 21-Oct-12 00:40:20)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Oct-12 17:10:10
Print Post

There are about 15 chapters in Max Payne 3 matey .
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Oct-12 17:16:59
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Woohoo! I hope you're right. tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to