Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 22-Oct-12 13:11:55
Print Post

Far Cry 3 Co/Op

[link to this post]

Im convinced this is the sort of news our friend mrnelster was waiting to here.

Far Cry 3 Co/Op

Its a old Co/Op video but the news is new .

Edited by time2die (Mon 22-Oct-12 13:16:52)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 02:40:00
Print Post

Re: Far Cry 3 Co/Op

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

New Trailer for Far Cry 3

Without question this has Game of the Year all over it wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 25-Oct-12 03:12:24
Print Post

Wow, that Hoyt guy looks like what I imagine you looked like, say 20 years ago when you still had your own teeth. No doubt if you had your own private islands and the money to achieve it... Well, I can really imagine you being a tyrant, blending reality and video games together. Plenty of killing! Best graphics and sound effects imaginable! Lovely guns and grenades. Explosions galore! Games. Co op. Kill the Spook/Nelster. Wow. The list goes on!

wink

Yeah, the game is looking good. One even I will likely buy on release. Might even preorder it on Amazon! wink

tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 04:51:19
Print Post

On the face of it, it looks good, but in a word Ubisoft If it is a console port then,
no thank's I'll wait till it's in the bargain bucket ,

Just as i will before i buy the yet to be released tom Clancy game,comes out
R6 Patriots Because it's a console port, and players will be solely reliant on ubisoft's server's for online mutiplayer modes, and their server system sucks and ain't a good location for us in Europe as it's located in Canada pings are 80ms upwards depending on your isp's peering and your location
And their support is a disgrace too,should you need it ,

Basically once you have parted with your hard earned they couldn't give a toss about the gamers
Just thought i would give you the heads up about ubisoft , their forums are full of disgruntled gamers

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 25-Oct-12 04:52:48)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 06:00:53
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yeah use Amazon ..........Your bound to get it delivered sometime during 2013.tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 06:12:11
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Strong words Tommy but i take your point,personally i have had no issues playing there game online like Far Cry 2 and a fair few others.

There is a game in itself just by the single player alone which is going to take hours and hours besides Multiplayer,but most of what i have seen and posted is co/op and multiplayer and i only comment on what i have seen and to me it looks like a quality game.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 12:35:01
Print Post

I'll look forward to taking that Hoyt bloke out and ending his party smile

I wonder if he drives a Micra ??

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Edited by Lt_Swan (Thu 25-Oct-12 12:41:23)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 12:36:14
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Thanks Spook we can now all pretend that Hoyt is T2D when playing the game

Take that T2D laugh

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 12:39:17
Print Post

BLITZKRIEG!!!!
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 13:02:04
Print Post

They are good at making things look good, both R6vegas &Vegas 2 for example looked good in their trailers,and also got good reviews ,prior to release
Ubisoft is good at that side of things, but they don't like giving out much technical detail about their games such has what options there will be for online play , looking at the system requirements on the ubi forum, even more confusion , but it sounds like a demanding game talks of 4gb of ram and it's supposed to be dx 9 ???

The actual games if ubisoft had bothered to finish them and provide better net code and online connectivity then those games would of been good, the concept of the games was let down by ubisoft, they all but killed the Tom Clancy franchise They are only interested in the console platform

They don't suport their games properly never fix bugs ect, their server can randomly reset it's self frequently (has done for over 3yrs) or can go off line for days at a time without any info about it from ubisoft and whilst that is my experience of what they are like ,it also affected everyone else who played Vegas &Vegas 2 on a regular basis, other game titles have also had similar issues .it's all in their forums

As for far cry 3 , if its a console port forget it if you are an online gamer

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 25-Oct-12 13:21:25)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to