Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Nov-12 00:57:06
Print Post

Playstation 4 Just around the corner or What ?

[link to this post]

Some interesting news articles have started to hit the internet regarding Sony next generation

Playstation 4

Lets hope its fact and not fiction as I'm all for Microsoft and Sony jumping on the next generation trail because its about time.

With the New Nintendo Wii U out in only a matter of weeks,Microsoft and Sony have to reply,sadly i think both have given Nintendo a massive head start once again as i can not see any console coming out from them until at least Christmas end of 2013.
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 02-Nov-12 02:37:43
Print Post

Re: Playstation 4 Just around the corner or What ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Both consoles will be on sale for Christmas 2013 and both will be at E3 in 2013, both current consoles are 5-6 years old, so its time for a update to give developers more room to design better games.

EA ceo in a recent interview said ''there’s no place for new IP this late in the console cycle.” and “He can’t think of new IP that launches five or six years into a generation of hardware that is successful. It’s just not the time to do it.”

With all the other rumours it makes preety good odds for a 2013 release, 2013 will proably be a light release cycle with prehaps a few decent games- most will likely hold till the console release.

As for giving the wii U a advantage its not that much of a threat to sony/mircosoft as they would have pushed out the next generation of consoles this year.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Nov-12 07:43:57
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

You say that mate but the Nintendo Wii has sold more than both Sony And Microsoft and any other new console will have a impact on them in some way.

I know its not exactly hardcore and considered by many to be a Gimmick,Kiddie console [The Wii that is] but it sold really well regardless.

Im not exactly blown away myself by the Nintendo Wii U apart from 1 game Zombie U but i just dont like Nintendo direction and i don't really like the tablet sized controller.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Nov-12 09:09:43
Print Post

I can't remember the last time i put a game in and thought " wow " , i expect that's because i'm gaming on 6 year old hardware .

How much more powerful is the WII U ? anyway i am getting close to putting my PC gamer together and have decided I have probably left it a year too late to of done this but that is my game plan .

Back to PC for a few years , avoid the first generation consoles aim for 2015 as prices should of come down by then on the new consoles and my gamer rig will be getting on a bit .
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Fri 02-Nov-12 10:23:28
Print Post

It's a different market though, people who buy the Wii more than likely aren't Xbox or PS3 gamers anyway so I don't think it will matter. The graphics look nice on the new Wii, but I will stick to my Xbox until a new one comes out because the Wii is for the under 16 market or the family market.

The Xbox especially now has such a powerful dashboard that people are buying them just as an entertainment device rather than a games console which is brilliant. Hopefully means they keep throwing money at new services and new consoles! laugh

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Nov-12 15:51:23
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Yea I won't be rushing out to buy one either.

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 02-Nov-12 16:25:33
Print Post

Consoles are usually sold at a loss- ps3 is the best example and the profits come from games and peripherals etc.

The Wii's main success was that it was a family console and not a hardcore- its a far larger market which showed with the massive sales-everyone could play games, just not the kids.

However the problem with the wii is once the gimick has worn off and everyone has one- the attraction starts to fade away, if the U can revive this then it will proably sell well however the Wii U is designed to accomodate the games normally found on the ps3/xbox- so all will be on a level playing field for about a year.

Nintendos success will depend if it can complete on games sales against the 360/ps3 on the same titles and win, it will be interesting to see how well it does.

My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to