Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Nov-12 20:12:27
Print Post

Max Paininthebum 3

[link to this post]

Not impressed by this at all, lots of things about it I don't like especially don't like all the cut scenes that break up as they play.
IMO it's no where near as good as the first one.
Not sure I'm going to make it through to the end

It is max pain to play frown

Not sure why they make games that have the character being drugged up or [censored], UC3 was the same, he tripped out a couple of times, what makes them think that adds to the gameplay?

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Nov-12 20:34:29
Print Post

Re: Max Paininthebum 3

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

UC3 was the same, he tripped out a couple of times, what makes them think that adds to the gameplay?
Yeah I thought that too. Doesnt seem realistic and doesnt add anything.

I remember BLOPS doing it annoyingly as well.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Nov-12 22:20:04
Print Post

I hate those things too but Max Payne One (and maybe 2) had that kind of thing too. A lot worse in fact.

Didn't find the cutscenes distracting at all though they could be a little overlong and Max is always beating himself up. But it works well enough for me. Max Payne has always been about the story and for the first two outings you were just fulfilling his pre-ordained destiny with no qualms (and plenty of in-game writers quips) about it.

The third one, I found to be a pretty tough challenge in places and this was true of the first two also. One thing I don't like though is losing all your ammo and paracetamol at the end of each level. I am a natural hoarder and the one thing I hate more than any other is running out of ammo. I was even gonna get a Max Payne haircut and grow my beard. tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Nov-12 23:28:16
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Quality Game By Rockstar and one of the best this year regardless of the cut scenes and loading screens,shame they could not be skipped but the end product was a brilliant game with some amazing gun fights.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Mon 05-Nov-12 17:46:48
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yea Max is always beating himself up, that gets a little bit boring after a while. I quite liked the cut scenes though and how they were cut up, it's just a bit different and going for a more arty or modern style. I'm not sure why it would show certain words up though that he put emphasis on, again I guess just the style but was a bit odd.

Overall it was a good game, it was half a film and half a game really, the cut scenes were really nice and these days I think you can get a lot of enjoyment from cut scenes if they have a really good story, particularly in this instance.

In regards to the being drugged up / drunk that's Max's character anyway so that's to be expected, in a lot of film & TV you get characters who have a vice or some other negative character trait so why not bring it into a game, it was quite fun wobbling all over the shop laugh

Finally the paracetamol and ammo expiring at the end of the level made it more of a challenge, those last two levels were an absolute nightmare I thought!

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Nov-12 18:35:41
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Especially the last one at the Airport,must have had 20 attempts at that and they kept on coming regardless.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Nov-12 22:39:35
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Where do you find paracetamol?? I haven't found any yet

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Nov-12 23:58:19
Print Post

You Serious or what..........Bottles of pills are lying all over every level.wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 05-Nov-12 23:58:33)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 01:25:38
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I haven't seen them :/

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Nov-12 03:45:37
Print Post

You gotta go out your way quite a bit to find the pills in MP3 but they are tucked away in all the usual places.

Tried to show you what they look like in this walkthrough but the guy doesn't seem to stop to collect pills and ammo. Video starts at 10m 19s and if you keep it paused you'll just about see a bottle of paracetamol above Max's right elbow there behind the counter on the shelf. As I said, the guy playing doesn't bother with them but that's the kind of place they're at.

Pill bottles faintly glow green and you'll find them on people's desks, in restrooms, or as with the example above, behind a bar on a shelf or somesuch. They're not always that numerous but you do still have the last man standing thing should you run out and get shot up to the point of (normally) no return. Kill the guy who killed you and live. You'll get your health back and live to fight longer.

smile

Edit - well, the video moved a few frames so I took a screenshot for ya instead. Hopefully the red triangle will help your failing eyesight mate! grin

Edit 2 - Crikey. That file host site takes bloomin' ages. Sorry 'bout that.

Edited by SPOOKish (Tue 06-Nov-12 03:56:06)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to