Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Nov-12 07:54:27
Print Post

Halo 4

[link to this post]

i only ever really play the campaign and for that fact alone i must advise those that also have no interest in the multiplayer part of this game would do well to hire this game over a weekend .

its a very enjoyable campaign mode but over very quickly graphics are up there with other recent titles , it still has that Halo massive environments that you just can't help yourself to sometimes stop and stare but also has those repetitive levels where you have to do virtually the same thing more than once , just like previous halo titles .

for me its not a keeper as i'm not 10 years old and won't be playing multiplayer but i still enjoyed getting lost in the halo universe for a few hours , there is the problem it was only a few hours and not dayz , 5 hours to complete campaign should be possible for all but the very inexperienced .
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Nov-12 08:13:41
Print Post

Re: Halo 4

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

I picked it up from Blockbusters and played it for about 3 hours last night and it looks very nice and plays exactly like previous Halo games.

If you can actually follow the Story then credit to anyone who can because it makes little sense ?

But may be i am getting a little disillusioned with the majority of games releases lately because when i was playing it last night i was not exactly blown away and if i am totally honest i was kind of getting bored with it already.

Not tried the multiplayer but then again i have never been a fan in the first place,i will persevere a little longer but i doubt i will be keeping this game to long.

The original Halo got released in 2001 on the first xbox and that was a console seller for sure,11 years later in terms of change and graphics there is not that much difference which goes to show how awesome the original Halo was in the first place.

2012 to me has been a major disappointment regarding quality game releases and I'm really pinning my hopes on Black Ops 2 and Zombie mode and even more on Far Cry 3.

If these two fail then i think its time to take up another hobby as its pretty obvious that my gaming days are in decline,be it because I'm getting older or developers are just giving us the same [censored] over and over again.

Best game i played this year has to be Dishonoured without question.

Far Cry3 has now gone gold so no more delays and i hope the finished product matches the awesome videos i have seen many times of the game.

Edited by time2die (Wed 07-Nov-12 14:39:45)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Nov-12 08:44:38
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I think you are going to be challenged in the next year or so , as no new IP is going to be realised before the new consoles has arrived .

If you think this year has been weak for releases you're not going to be happy about next year .

I would say the graphics are much better than they were in 2001 but there is no improvement over Halo Reach in Halo 4 but lets be honest , there is not going to be on 6 year old hardware .

Edit: i completely agree there are portions of the story that don't add up and leave you thinking [censored]

Edited by woweebert (Wed 07-Nov-12 08:51:38)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Nov-12 14:55:05
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

By all accounts Bert the game is really nice and i don't wont to sound like I'm nit picking,i think its more to do with myself and the fact i don't get that buzz anymore from recent game releases in the past few years.

Lets face it people love things one minute and despise it the next and that is how it tends to be going for me,there was a time when most games i bought i was very happy with but nowadays after playing them for a few hours i sort of ask myself a question .........Why did i bother? For numerous reasons.

I mean i hate racing games with a passion yet because of the gaming drought i bought into the hype surrounding Forza Horizons,2 days later i traded it in,now a week after Assassins Creed 3 gets released i am feeling the same,again not knocking the game as i know many adore it but in my case it requires far to much of my time with so much to do and explore on the map its sort of puts me of the main objectives.

That obviously should not be a complaint because lets face it who wants a game that lasts 5 /6 hours and Assassins Creed has a awful lot to do and is obviously value for money.

Since Far Cry 3 is basically a FPS then I'm in my element with this and I'm not bothered about how much content there is to do on the Island because its the only game type i seem to enjoy last few years.

As for next year i think personally it will be a great time for gamers as I'm convinced both Microsoft and Sony will release new consoles by the end of 2013.

Nintendo Wii U will have had a year head start and i think both companies will realise now is the time even though a lot of people are not taking Nintendo to seriously regarding hardcore gaming.

There is only Zombi U on the new Nintendo System that has me excited and I'm not a lover of motion controlled gaming so Nintendo would have to release a new Metroid which is mind blowing and a New Zelda game before i take the plunge .

Just having a few next generation consoles to buy next year would make my day and i generally think each will release with at least 1 killer title.

Edited by time2die (Wed 07-Nov-12 14:57:26)

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 07-Nov-12 15:14:22
Print Post

FC3 is likely to be the only title with any new content, black cops 2 will be just the same refined game that it has been since cod4.

It will be intereresting to see the life of the Halo 4 multiplayer, though prehaps they should have waited till next year and the new consoles.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Nov-12 15:38:58
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

To be honest I'm only buying Black Ops believe it or not for Zombies,im hoping the multiplayer does not bore me to death like MW3 and if that turns out to be on par with the original Black Ops then i for one will be happy.smile

It might be as you call it recycled but i think there will be enough changes to help the franchise to progress until the next generation consoles arrive and then fans alike will demand better graphics and new ideas instead of using a 6 year old game engine.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 08-Nov-12 14:13:43
Print Post

AC3 is an epic game! I am absolutely loving it, they have innovated so well with all of the new gameplay features. It's hard to know where to start exploring as it's that big but I just do a bit at a time in between missions. I cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone looking at getting it the story is great and the gameplay is probably the best of the Creeds yet.

I think one of the best features is the new ship you get, being able to explore the waters and do all sorts of different missions is really good fun, as well as upgrading the features on the ship laugh

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Nov-12 15:30:28
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

I could not disagree with you jaxx and to be perfectly honest if Black Ops and Far Cry 3 were not on the horizon i would go out and get it again.

Im trading this Halo 4 that dead certain as i find it completely boring.

Think I'm going through the menopause and change tongue Bit like the last few years for poor old Spook and Mrnelster wink

Edited by time2die (Thu 08-Nov-12 15:32:02)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Nov-12 16:57:31
Print Post

Haha. The male menopause. Guess some have had a bigger dose of that than others eh, mr magoo? laugh

Now where did I put my walking stick? tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Nov-12 18:05:39
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Whats up waldo ? tongue
  Print Thread

Jump to