Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Nov-12 16:36:57
Print Post

Early thoughts ...Black Ops 2.

[link to this post]

Just some quick thoughts with a couple of hours with the game.........

Zombies...........Zombies but harder
Single Player...........Who Cares
Multiplayer.............Is this Black Ops 1 in disguise.

Its a good game granted but really even after a couple of hours playing I'm not entirely blown away,not that i expected to be in the first place but i expected more.

I will say if any game needs a new engine then its COD games because this really is showing its age,dont get me wrong but there has been little to no improvement dating back to the first Modern Warfare and only Cod games could get away with this.

There is not a chance that the next Cod wont be on next generation as i really think Activision have milked this Cow way to often.

The game in general is what you would expect from a Cod game and its got some superb reviews,after playing the first 30 minutes of single player which is quite interesting but again not anything we have not already seen i then moved on to a little bit of Demolition which is fun granted but again this quite frankly could be The first Black Ops but with new maps and a new load out section called pick 10.

You seem to die in a nano second which is something i would have hoped they would have balanced a little better,seems to be even quicker than the original Black Ops and already we have people on Rank 55 with the game only been out a matter of hours.

Obviously some have had it a week early and basically all stats should have been reset but Treyarch have stated they will not reset stats for legitimate copies of the game.

Zombies is really cool on the hour or so i played it but dam its tough and really is a challenge which by all accounts is not a bad thing.

So there you have it a few thoughts and opinions regarding the long awaited Black Ops 2,kind of new i would feel like this as the excitement leading up to the release was not exactly causing me to get to excited.

More hyped for Far Cry3 and i expect this is what will take me through December and Beyond.

After a week or so i may have something more positive to say but after the first few hours i was kind of hoping i was going to come on here and say how mind blowing it is rather than its a good game but so similar to every other Cod Game
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Nov-12 18:31:47
Print Post

BF3 rulez

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Oh well FC3 will be out soon laugh

Or you could go back to BF3 wink

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Nov-12 18:43:34
Print Post

Re: Early thoughts ...Black Ops 2.

Ta saved me £25 the Tesco deal with points almost tempted me smile

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Nov-12 23:02:34
Print Post

Re: BF3 rulez

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Just been totally honest mate or I'm just getting fed up with gaming in general.

Battlefield Swanny as i have said is quite a decent game in its own right,Black Ops 2 is not a bad game but we just have not moved on since the ground breaking Modern Warfare at the time.

Think we have had world of war,Mw2,then Black Ops ,then MW3,and Now we have Black ops 2 and each and every game since Modern Warfare seems to have got worse.

I played for a couple of hours tonight in and out of Multiplayer playing Demolition and Domination,its entertaining but its not like when i first played Modern Warfare and i had to virtually drag myself away from the console and the hours went by like crazy and even 12 months later i was still in love with the game.

Dont get them feelings anymore regarding Cod and in all honesty i might just boot up MW1 again and see why that game was such a groundbreaking game in its day and why on earth some 5/6 years later are we waiting for something of that quality.

Far Cry 3 is my only hope this year to bring back my passion for gaming,because quite honestly 2012 for me has been a total disaster.

If Far Cry 3 fails to impress me,be it single player and Multiplayer then its time to think of another pastime as its plane obvious I'm getting bored with gaming.

From what i have seen regarding Far cry 3 i think its going to be my game of the year for sure.wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Nov-12 23:13:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

At the end of the day i speak as i find really and as much as i take a dig at the likes of Swanny some of his points and references regarding Cod games in general i have to agree with.

Not that i thought Battlefield 3 lived up to its promise either but i do think its a far more adult minded game.

There is that possibility that Black Ops 2 is the best Cod game in years if you believe the hype and certain reviews from gaming websites such as ign.com.

Suppose growing older and dare i say it wisertongue you start looking for the cracks and Cod has plenty of them and when i see all the negative reviews and comments on metacritic from other people that have bought the game saying things like ........Well done activision and Treyarch you have virtually destroyed Cod with your yearly Copy and paste remakes then it kind of rings true for me last 12/18 months.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Nov-12 00:26:43
Print Post

Haven't started the campaign, but zombies has been overdone yet again. Yes, they have as promised given you the opportunity to play it in its original format, as well as the new transit mode. But in all of the modes the [censored] floor keeps catching on fire, which in turn sets the player on fire! That gets very old, very quickly.

As for the MP, I have had some reasonable games tonight. The matchmaking definitely feels better so far than it has since MW and World at War. It ain't perfect and the dipsticks that actually believe their 2.5 and 3 KD's are down to their awesomeness are still at it, but it doesn't feel pointless in the majority of matches, not compared to MW2 and 3 anyhow.

The sounds really good and there are a lot of customisation options in the custom matches, right down to how long you have to hold a flag to capture it etc. What appears (I think) to be a new mode called hard point ish current favourite. A it like HQ but with respawning for the defending team. Fast and furious and more fun than domination.

Overall impressed with the multiplayer and some of the maps are really good and look nice. But I agree it really does show it's age, final polish wise at least.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Nov-12 08:20:04
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah forgot about the fact you keep catching fire when playing zombies which is really silly as there is no need for it offers very little in the way of gameplay.

I played a little of the single player again and i hate to say this it just bores me,i actually found on some of the cut scenes that it made me feel a little dizzy with the ocean wave camera effect when showing certain scenes.

Not managed past level 13 in zombies because we got the usual P2P hosting and host has left on several occasions and then others have quickly followed.

Certainly not as good as i expected and i really don't see me playing this after the end of november.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 14-Nov-12 15:09:40
Print Post

I got it and played it all day yesterday, the multiplayer seems pretty pants, same story different title so I played a few games and came on it. It's just spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die etc.

Zombies is absolutely brilliant, the smaller survival maps are just like the old days of WAW and TranZit is really good fun. I really like getting on the bus and moving around the map and having to fight off a massive zombie wave while on it laugh It's also neat that you can build items & weapons out of random parts and that there are some new weapons. There is a lot of exploration to be had smile

I have got to wave 16 on TranZit and wave 20 on Farm so far, was ranked 9th in the online leaderboards yesterday but I have moved down to 31st now frown

I think I will play zombies for a few weeks until I am bored of the maps and then that's it for me, I will bash through the campaign for the achievements and just to see what the new "control a squad from above" mode is like then I will sack it off. It's definitely not good enough to pull me away from Assassins Creed 3.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Nov-12 16:24:29
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Fair play to you and I'm not about to disagree with what you say.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 14-Nov-12 16:45:23
Print Post

The lack of innovation on multiplayer really sucks, it's like they don't need to try hard anymore as they know people will just buy it. I want some new features, some new game types, some new gameplay in general. Anything that isn't the same recycled stuff! frown

The sad thing is people will buy it because they are hoping it will be something more, but then it will just get discarded like with me, like with my housemate etc. But Activision will never really know that I never liked it as they will have got my £40 so for them it will be seen as a success.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to