Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 22:31:59
Print Post

Move over Splinter cell theres a new king in town !!

[link to this post]

So courtesy of my favourite online retailer shop to.net i get Hitman Absolution 3 days early and finally at last Dishonoured apart we have a class game to end 2012.

What a Awesome game this is and a game i had no intention of picking up until mrnelster mentioned it and i watched a few videos over the past 2 weeks.

Put it on this evening and I'm hooked totally,the story,the cut scenes,the set pieces,the stealth the look and feel of this high end product its a breath of fresh air compared to the drab releases of 2012.

Splinter cell...........Forget it as this is the new king of Stealth shooters.

What i like about this game you know from the first few minutes of watching the intro and playing the initial prologue that you will not be disappointed in the product as it just oozes quality.

Take your pick .......Go in all guns blazing [me] and get your backside well and truly kicked or mix and match a little and add a little thought,there are so many ways to take down the targets and there is much to unlock as you do so,i like the many challenges and score cards as you progress each level and then you get to see how much you missed on completion.

Playing the single player tonight and there is another mode called contract killings or something,but for the first time that seems like years i had to finally drag myself away from a game.

This is rare indeed and i just think the games pretty awesome,not really played any previous Hitman Agent 47 games so those people may or may not like the new offering.

To tell you the truth i would not know how it even compares to previous outing,but what i do know is we have a real contender for one of the games of the year.

Now if Far cry 3 touches me in the same way this Hitman has then I'm back in gaming heaven after been in the doldrums for the past 12 months with total discontent smile
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Nov-12 10:04:40
Print Post

Re: Move over Splinter cell theres a new king in town !!

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'm skint at the minute so I've put the Platinum HD re-issue on my 2014 Christmas list. tongue

Joking aside, I'm glad you like it. My mate has it and is raving too, but I'm going to wait for FarCry first mate. BLOPS 2 campaign is jumbled and confusing and the strike force mode has been over complicated. It's a great idea, but the controls are needlessly complex when you are playing straight off the back of normal FPS mode. Good if you like that sort of thing, but it's not for me.

Hence hoping FC3 gives me the campaign and co-op fix I enjoy. Out of the two I am not a stealth fan, so FC3 comes first for me. smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Nov-12 10:16:52
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah good idea tongue you might even be able to pick it up for free on a playstation plus subscription on the next Playstation 4.

I like Black Ops playing Domination and Demolition but thats were it ends,single player is totally boring for me and I'm not that excited for zombies either,especially the stupid catching fire bit.

If and I'm hoping I'm truly wrong Far Cry don't meet your expectations its really worth getting,i hate stealth games myself but this is a class game for sure.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Nov-12 12:03:21
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah, I'm going to my mate's place next week so might be able to give Hitman a spin, but like you would opt for the all guns blazing approach. smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Nov-12 12:55:00
Print Post

Its got quite a mixed bag of reviews to be honest with exceptional ones and average ones mixed in,not actually seen a bad review but personally i think this game is brilliant and its not many times i can actually say i disagree with some of the more average reviews.

Its nice that you actually get a game and enjoy it from the first seconds of the introduction and cut scenes,was playing it again last night even though i have only finished a couple of chapters i decided since it was so good i would delete the game save and start some of the levels again to achieve a far better score card at the end of it.

Only then really did i realise that it was impossible to fulfil all of the criteria through one play through as there are about 20 achievements to do on any certain mission objective.

So for instance if one of them is to kill a Assassin by blowing him to smithereens then the stealth achievement goes out of the window and only on another play of the level can you get that box ticked.

Anyway superb fantastic game,along with the fun i am having with Black Ops 2 on certain Multiplayer modes and FarCry 3 in a week or so 2012 could end on a high note.wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Nov-12 12:59:35
Print Post

Think with our attitude of all guns blazing we are going to get ourselves into some sticky situations as Far cry 3 don't look like some stroll in the park but quite a challenge.

See i don't mind a little bit of stealth in what basically is a FPS game on a massive scale.thats why i did not get to blown away by the metal gear solid games and Splinter cell games because those type relied on Stealth way to much for my kind of gaming.

Saying that so does Hit man but this time around there is more choice and freedom to at least use your guns
  Print Thread

Jump to