Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Fri 23-Nov-12 10:58:01
Print Post

Lego Lord of the Rings

[link to this post]

So after being put back a couple of times this is finally released today! Personally I cannot wait to go and get it after work and spend the evening on it with the mrs! Apparently they have used the same concept as Lego Batman 2 so it is more sandbox again rather than platform with some added RPG elements such as a backpack feature, equipment, item development & moulding, side quests etc.

They say you can walk from the Shire to Mordor without any loading screens and that everything you can see is accessible, sounds like a mini Skyrim but with Lego and based on LOTR! I am a huge Lego game fan just because they are so easy to play with someone else so I think this will be a good one smile

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Nov-12 15:44:25
Print Post

Re: Lego Lord of the Rings

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Jaxx and Lego................Kind of says it all really don't it wink

Got some pretty decent reviews and i guess it what rocks your boat really and personal taste and preference .

Edited by time2die (Fri 23-Nov-12 15:46:51)

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Mon 26-Nov-12 09:36:59
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

You should give them a go mate, be good for someone with a short attention span like yourself laugh There are no guns unfortunately, but lots of bright colours!!

Played about 10 hours of it over the weekend, it's really good but is absolutely massive. I would say the map is nearly as big as Red Dead so it's going to keep us going a while, my mrs loved it so that's the main thing..... always nice to have an excuse to achievement hunt while seeing her wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Nov-12 14:22:22
Print Post

Hitman is keeping me well busy and the end of the week i will be loosing myself in Rook Island and Far Cry 3.

It was interesting to read that many reviews the writer has said that he had spent some 3 hours with the game and only done a few mission objectives having spent the time exploring the vast island and having much fun in the process.

Yeah my attention span is low Jaxx thats for certain but then again developers have to stop been dam lazy and give gamers something decent instead of the same [censored] year in year out.

Only a handful of games this year have hit the high spot for me,and those are as follows.

Dishonoured

Hitman Absolution

Max Payne 3

And im sure Far Cry 3 will be my game of the year without question wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Nov-12 23:46:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
You should give them a go mate, be good for someone with a short attention span like yourself laugh There are no guns unfortunately, but lots of bright colours!!

grin
tongue

No guns? What a tragedy! So long as they have bows and arrows it'll be okay. Plenty of arrows! And maybe a few spells.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Nov-12 00:03:01
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Roll on Friday thats all i say...........plenty of guns death and destruction on a massive scale with plenty to seek out and do on a lovely yet hostile island in Paradise..........I mean Hell wink
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Tue 27-Nov-12 00:37:04
Print Post

While FC3 does look good, would not get your hopes up to high as FC2 was a mixed result.

The lego games are very well done, though mainly aimed at the kids their quite good value though do have to wonder about the £40 pound price tag for some systems.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Nov-12 08:22:04
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

There are many reasons to have high hopes for this game and the review scores have been exceptional in most cases with not really one single negative review from those listed.

Since Far Cry 3 was always a single player experience the downside is the co/op and multiplayer have not done anything new or different and in the reviews some negativity has been regarding those two areas even though most think they are still great fun.

So basically i know that i am going to love this game.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Nov-12 08:44:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
So basically i know that i am going to love this game.

Famous last words wink

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Nov-12 13:15:50
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Bet you i do tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to