Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Nov-12 00:46:17
Print Post

So Glad i cancelled my Nintendo Wii U...

[link to this post]

Basically i just wanted a new console but why bother when you have quality games like Hitman and Far Cry 3 on the horizon,add a little bit of demolition in Black Ops 2 and all nice on the gaming front.

Anyway the only reason i was even considering a WII U was the game Zombi U which looked like a quality product right up there with the fear factor that Dead Space was.

Now the reviews have been published all over the internet they are not very good,infact some are just terrible so money saved here for sure.

The Wii U specs also leave a lot to be desired and personally i think Nintendo have shot themselves in the foot with this console,yes people will buy it but as soon as the new xbox and playstation 4 arrive i really don't see Nintendo getting the number of sales the Nintendo Wii achieved .
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 24-Nov-12 16:17:07
Print Post

Re: So Glad i cancelled my Nintendo Wii U...

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Second screen systems are not unique now, SmartGlass with a tablet or smart phone lets people have a fair few of the Wii U features on a choice of consoles.

When Wii appeared it had the only controller system like that. I consider the Wii the good for family games evenings, but not the sort of console every kid (big or small) wants in their room.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(committed) Sat 24-Nov-12 18:11:49
Print Post

Re: So Glad i cancelled my Nintendo Wii U...

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Indeed the Wii a family thing although my Ten year old thinks Wii u is for little kids only. He has the xbox paid for himself by saving 3 Birthdays and Christmases. Myself not at least bit interested in the U, though not interested in other two either at this point, been burnt on the Xbox and Ps3 by their favourite colours Red and Yellow on more than one occasion and have little faith in new products. They need more than 10 years for me to forget! So gravitating back to PCs after many years this might depend on valve, however mainly to have some autonomy rather than warranty tied poor products.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to