Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Nov-12 15:40:09
Print Post

Far Cry 3 does it live up to my expectations.....Oh yeah!!!!

[link to this post]

So what dropped through the letterbox this morning.........Far Cry 3.

Since i have raved on about this game for the past 3 or 4 months i could not resist the temptation of having a quick go,2 hours later having completed 1 simple mission objective and skinning a few animals here are a few thoughts and impressions.

The game is absolutely amazingly Brilliant and i can see this taking me until Christmas just to complete it because the map is massive and there are so many objectives and side quests its unreal.

I have done the very first Radio Tower that opens up a small section of the map and had a few gun fights with the local pirates,I have no weapons ,no power ups and limited cash and just starring at the vast options in the menu and enjoying the beautiful environments is something of a revelation.

I have not touched 1% of this game because the Island is absolutely beautiful to look at and explore in its own right regardless of main story mission and side quests,Radio towers and pirate strongholds .

The game impresses me so much in the small amount of time spent playing it i really think once i have acquired some meaty weapons and got into it a little bit more I'm guessing its going to blow me away in which it does already having basically done nothing.

Skinning animals is very much Red Dead Redemption and the amount of customisation is so vast i have not quite got my head round it all yet.

Graphics are brilliant but i would not call them mind blowing,but the feel and the way the games plays out you know you have a quality FPS with at least 30/40 hours in single player alone if you want to find and do all thats on offer.

This is the game i have been waiting for for the last 12 months and without question will be my Game of the Year for sure.

More to come without spoilers when i have progressed more through this Gaming delight...smile

Edited by time2die (Thu 29-Nov-12 15:42:11)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Nov-12 00:55:10
Print Post

Re: Far Cry 3 does it live up to my expectations.....Oh yeah

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Great I'm even answering my own posts.......Seriously where has everybody gone ?

Anyway played another few hours tonight and its just a awesome game,hardly done a thing as far as story goes because in this game you can spend 30 minutes just skinning animals and collecting plants to make potions.

Really need to seek out some more radio towers that open up more of the map,but its not important because there is so much to do in the small section of the map already.

Tell you something else the Ai are some of the best i have seen in a FPS and this game is no stroll in the park,highly
aggressive and a severe challenge even when there are only 4 or 5 of them.

Obviously as i rank up and open up some better fire power and perks it could get a little easier.

This game is probably the first game in 12/18 months that i could literally sit up all night and play without question and seriously i have to drag myself away from it.

So a recap is I've played about 4 hours and done virtually nothing,think i have opened to 2/18 radio towers and completed 2 main missions and took a few pirate camps..............Nothing.

But who cares when a game looks and plays like this.wink

Games getting some amazing Reviews

Thats the 4th perfect score and even got a 10 from Eurogamer which is virtually unheard of

Edited by time2die (Fri 30-Nov-12 09:36:36)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Nov-12 09:28:06
Print Post

Is it funny like the first one was?? I remember the two chaps talking about fishing

Glad it's good I see about getting it for xmas

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Nov-12 09:38:00
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Its Game of the Year for sure Swanny and a quality AAA product.

Not seen anything funny yet but its pretty ruthless .

What is brilliant the fact that there is a lot of value in this product and you can spend a couple of hours playing it and virtually do and complete very little,that says something about the quality of the game in question.

It even surpasses my expectations and its easily in my top ten favourite games of all time and i have hardly done anything in it.

Rook Island is the most drop dead gorgeous setting in this vast open world FPS ,along with Vaas the villain this is the star of the show .

I have never Played a FPS that looks as fantastic as this even on ageing hardware.

Edited by time2die (Fri 30-Nov-12 09:43:53)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Nov-12 16:57:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Its Game of the Year for sure Swanny and a quality AAA product.

Sorry but BF3 is game of the year wink

But I will get FC3 soon smile

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Nov-12 18:14:00
Print Post

Swanny my friend wink

Listen to what you have just said..........Sorry Battlefield 3 is game of the year.

It may well be your personal choice for your game of the year but to come to that conclusion firstly you have to have played both of the games in question and as of this minute you haven't have you smile

But i have and i think Battlefield as a FPS type war game is very good and i think the multiplayer shines very brightly,but as a single player experience its very drab and shallow and in Far Cry 3 case this easily is the best single player fps experience you can get and totally blows this section of battlefield back to kingdom come tongue

Again played this for about 10 hours and i find it virtually impossible to turn of,a rare treat indeed when playing games of today.

You have convinced me to buy back Battlefield at some stage though with the release of the new map pack you talk so highly about,but for now I'm in Gaming heaven

Check this out Some bad Language

Edited by time2die (Fri 30-Nov-12 18:20:24)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Nov-12 18:33:06
Print Post

Ok my opinion on games of the year judged by what I have played are

Single player

Uncharted 3

Multi-player

BF3

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Nov-12 18:45:49
Print Post

Great choice but i think once you get your mitts on Far Cry 3 that list may well change wink

By the way are me and you running this gaming forum or what ? smile

Check This Out

Edited by time2die (Fri 30-Nov-12 20:11:45)

Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Fri 30-Nov-12 22:38:36
Print Post

Guild wars 2 will be game of the year tongue

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Nov-12 22:57:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
By the way are me and you running this gaming forum or what ? smile

No. That's just what we want you to think. wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to