Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Dec-12 21:22:47
Print Post

Steam Winter Sale (PC)

[link to this post]

Steam Store

Well it seems no one here wants to announce it, so I will!

Not much special popped up yet, however for those that like to dabble in gaming, there are a few games on Sale I would recommend, post yours too!

Remember to check prices first and to wait for Flash or Daily Deals for the better discounts.

Edited by Gzero (Fri 21-Dec-12 21:23:45)

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Dec-12 21:32:30
Print Post

Re: Steam Winter Sale (PC)

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

First Recommendation:Borderlands 2 @ £14.99
(yes you can get it from SimplyGames for cheaper, but for those that don't want to use external shops or don't want to wait till after Xmas for Amazon to deliver at £12.99, this price is decent).

Even more character than the first game, and has Co-op (not split screen) using Steamworks which makes it a lot easier to drop into your friends game than the old gamespy system the first game used. I don't think you need to have played the first to enjoy the second game. Wait for the DLC to drop in price later. I don't think we will see a bigger reduction on this game than 50%.

Second Recommendation: Hitman Collection (not including Absolution) @ £3.74
It's Hitman, nuff said. laugh
Blood Money is supposed to be the best in the series, so you could pick that up on it's own if you wanted for £1.49, but why not enjoy the original games as well?
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 22-Dec-12 13:29:33
Print Post

Probably because Steam's sales are about as exciting as getting poked in the eye by a cat's tail, slapped around the face by a wet dog and being made to walk 100 miles dragging an empty yoghurt carton...

Follow me on Twitter. Be*
My Blog
12 Things...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Dec-12 17:37:53
Print Post

Thanks Gzero. Yeah Borderlands 2 and Hitman collection look like good deals for sure. I'll let you know if I get them.

I just got my order from Base.com of Skyrim: Dawnguard. Paid £8.99 for it as Steam have had it at £13.99 for ever and I didn't know the sodding Winter Sale was coming. It's £9.39 on Steam if anyone's interested. They [censored] should be btw. Skyrim is a cracking game and is reduced to £23.32 but I bet you can get that cheaper elsewhere if you don't mind waiting for sure.

Ps. Some of those games sale prices will be ending in less than half an hour. Prob be re-offered at slightly different prices in the next few days tho. crazy

Edit - and one for t2d as we all know this time of year he likes to play with trains

laugh

Edited by SPOOKish (Sat 22-Dec-12 18:32:05)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 22-Dec-12 20:18:40
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Edit - and one for t2d as we all know this time of year he likes to play with trains

laugh

I think he's still wrapped up in the Farm simulator at the mo laugh

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User PiOhPah
(learned) Sat 22-Dec-12 20:53:56
Print Post

Just searched for Borderlands 2 and it says £14.99 - however when I went to purchase it says £22.99 including 25% discount
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Sat 22-Dec-12 22:40:41
Print Post

[re: PiOhPah] [link to this post]

Sorry, for those who don't know, there is a time limit on Flash and Daily sales visible on the page.

However don't let that rush you into making a decision.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Dec-12 08:58:11
Print Post

I would have liked to have tried Skyrim, but the PS3 issues put pay to that. frown

Perhaps if it reaches 15 quid in a bin I will try it, but next gen may be around before that.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Dec-12 09:09:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Thanks Gzero. Yeah Borderlands 2 and Hitman collection look like good deals for sure. I'll let you know if I get them.

I just got my order from Base.com of Skyrim: Dawnguard. Paid £8.99 for it as Steam have had it at £13.99 for ever and I didn't know the sodding Winter Sale was coming. It's £9.39 on Steam if anyone's interested. They [censored] should be btw. Skyrim is a cracking game and is reduced to £23.32 but I bet you can get that cheaper elsewhere if you don't mind waiting for sure.

Ps. Some of those games sale prices will be ending in less than half an hour. Prob be re-offered at slightly different prices in the next few days tho. crazy

laugh

No i like train spotting Spooky.........Get it Right tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Dec-12 09:10:53
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
I would have liked to have tried Skyrim, but the PS3 issues put pay to that. frown

Perhaps if it reaches 15 quid in a bin I will try it, but next gen may be around before that.

Yeah im guessing matey you will have a next generation Playstation 1 console before Skyrim wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to