Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 01-Jan-13 19:14:30
Print Post

Borderlands 2

[link to this post]

Must say it's a great game. II'm progressing nicely towards the inevitable showdown with Handsome Jack, who hopefully will end up being Downright-Ugly-And-Slightly-Dead Jack.

Must say its a very funny game - aside from the pryomanical teen girl who builds your bombs (attached to soft toys) for a train job, the messages you get when you respawn are very funny

Follow me on Twitter. Be*
My Blog
12 Things...

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Tue 01-Jan-13 19:15:08)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Jan-13 22:45:31
Print Post

Re: Borderlands 2

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

I thought the first one was tighter mechanically, although 2 looked nicer. Either way, both of them lost my attention after 8 or so hours play. Borderlands 2 felt a little cluttered at times, the side quests being there simply because of the open environment and always pretty samey. Unlike Far Cry 3 where the side quests are unequivocally beneficial to the way you play the missions, yet different. Hunt a bear, climb a tower.

I liked Borderlands 2, but did find it a little Borederlands 2 after a while.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Jan-13 00:23:04
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah i got bored after 4 hours and traded it in,just seemed the same over and over again and never ever did it grip me like Far Cry 3.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Jan-13 20:50:44
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Just finished Borderlands 2. As previously mentioned I did like it, although the fact that it also suffered from "Far Cry 2 Respawning Enemies Syndrome" didn't help.

Some of the checkpoints were too far apart too.

The second of the three final boss battles was a bit of a chore - to start with I was 3/4 of the way through, got knocked off my spot by a bird, fell into the molten lava and had to start it again. Every time you die, the enemies health reset which is really annoying...

But in the end, 2 lots of Jacks & one Warrior were defeated!

Now I just have Max Payne 3 left to finish...

Follow me on Twitter. Be*
My Blog
12 Things...

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Fri 04-Jan-13 21:35:40)

Print Thread

Jump to