Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jan-13 15:43:52
Print Post

Another Year of Gaming what you buying.2013

[link to this post]

January february and March look pretty packed with new game releases,so i have compiled a list of games worth mentioning and put down what I'm buying and what I'm not and why I'm on the fence regarding certain games that may or may not interest others.

Release dates as confirmed by Shopto.net.

15th Jan ..Devil may cry........Im in as i just love this game.
12th Feb...Aliens Colonial Marines.......Im out.......Gearbox Software [Do i need to say anymore Duke Puke em]
8th Feb.....Dead Space 3......Defiantly in as first 2 games were brilliant.
22nd Feb...Metal Gear Rising......Im in because its not about Stealth with plenty of insane Violence .
22nd Feb..Crysis 3......Im in based on how drop dead gorgeous it looks[even better on high end PC i know]
5th March ......Tomb Raider...........Why not.
22nd March......Gears of War Judgment........Oh Yeah. wink
26th March......Bioshock Infinite ......Im in......Massive potential but did not enjoy Bioshock 2 half as much.

To be confirmed.......Grand Theft Auto V.....Without Question ........

There are many more i have not listed and may interest myself or others,but these are the bigger games of the next month or so.smile

My comments regarding Aliens Colonial Marines will not please me old matey mrnelster as he is very much looking forward to this game.

Only one film franchise has hit the dizzy heights in terms of a game,and that was over a decade ago and Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64.

We have seen many films turned into games to cash in on that name that have turned out to be complete Christmas Turkeys with terrible design and production values.

Im hoping Aliens Colonial Marines stops that trend myself and i would have a lot more confidence in it been a brilliant game if it had been developed by Naughty Dog or Retro Studio [metroid prime] And not gearbox software.

Personally i have watched the Alien films over and over again and could re sight the script word for word and nothing would please me more than this game turning out to be a brilliant effort.........But i doubt it.

Edited by time2die (Tue 08-Jan-13 15:50:21)

Standard User undecidedadrian
(regular) Tue 08-Jan-13 15:57:57
Print Post

Re: Another Year of Gaming what you buying.2013

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Although not released this year I have put down money for both Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous and hope that at least one of them makes it out of the door without the developers running off with the cash.

As for the rest of "mainstream" gaming I am not getting anything until I have seen it, read reviews and possible play a short demo. But hopefully Tomb Raider will not disappoint.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jan-13 17:51:35
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

Tomb Raider please

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jan-13 18:58:00
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

On another subject ,black ops 2 second hand £37.99, trade in value £15

Blockbusters get the [censored] out of here and get real,this has to be exploitation off the highest order.

Anyway I asked the question because I'm just not into this Cod stuff anymore and Far Cry 3 has set a much higher benchmark and I have already quoted [Swanny] wink Battlefield 3 is a far better game with so much more depth even though the air vehicles are a pain in the backside to control.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Jan-13 19:24:52
Print Post

I'm still playing Skyrim! Got the Dawnguard expansion, which is ok. I'd love to play the Dragborn one or whatever it's called but that's yet to be released on PC (prob cos there's a ton and a half of fixes to be coded too).

Only game for 2013 you missed is The Last of Us but that's a PS3 exclusive innit. I wonder, as Watch Dogs is not slated for a 2013 release, if that's a next gen console title then? Looking like that it may well be. If I had a PS3 that Last of Us game would certainly appeal.

Tomb Raider, Bioshock. Both thumbs up for me. GTA V, definitely but I doubt we'll be seeing it on PC this year. Might be time for me to invest in a console as I'd still like to play Red Dead Redemption. Mr Nelster still wants to play Pac-Man I expect. Only jokin' mate! wink

That Alien one could be good. I doubt you can hold DNF against Gearbox as there were pretty mitigating factors involved and though the ultimate responsibility to get the game ready for release was theirs, the coding and everything else was done by a number of studios. Anyway, time will tell. Wait and see.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 08-Jan-13 21:10:04
Print Post

FM2012 would have been good. FM2013 even better.

No Steam here though, so it's not going to happen. frown

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jan-13 22:06:13
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

What's fm2012 13 suppose to mean then..?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jan-13 22:11:50
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yeah the last of us and watchdogs looks awesome but its going to get released at some point this year Spooky and hopefully they know more than us and it will be on a next generation console.

Ubisoft are really given us some great games though.

As for our mate mrnelster,he just told me he fancies that new game on the Nintendo64'Turok dinosaur hunter or something.

Actually when I think about it,that was a brilliant game at the time on the system from over a decade ago.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 09-Jan-13 00:23:16
Print Post

Football Manager

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Jan-13 00:44:04
Print Post

Nothing.

I'll still be jumping off stuff in November.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to