Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Jan-13 23:53:17
Print Post

Alien Colonial Marines Multiplayer Trailer

[link to this post]

If ever a game is going to be in the bargin bin the day after its official release then its this one.

Try as i might to like something about this game is getting harder and harder the more i read about it and the more clips i see,Graphically it looks terrible even on ageing consoles.

This to me is the disaster that became Duke Nuke Em Forever and coming from the same developer then the writing on the wall.

If this gets half decent reviews from major sites then i will be amazed.......tongue

Trailer
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Thu 31-Jan-13 04:18:00
Print Post

Re: Alien Colonial Marines Multiplayer Trailer

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It looks fine, most games on consoles look poor so its pretty hard to judge them on- espeically the multiplayer.

The game looks dark and scary which is what the films where about-also having to swap from your weapon to use the sensor is good as it forces people to make smart decisions and work together or you will die quickly.

If the setting/music and gameplay come together then it will be a good game, game is not out till the 12th so lets wait and see what the reviews say about the game, less then 2 weeks.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 31-Jan-13 09:06:25
Print Post

I am going to get it on PC I think rather than console. It's been ages since I played an Aliens game, I think the last one I played was the original AVP on the PC so I am hoping this one is alright but at least if I buy it on PC it will be cheaper than Xbox so if it is pants I haven't wasted so much cash

By the way I had to post this as it was a hilarious coincidence when I read your post T2D, look at the Google ad at the top wink

http://postimage.org/image/wtos4dehp/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Jan-13 09:59:17
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

What the 23% of bit .
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Jan-13 10:01:16
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Most games on consoles don't look poor mate and this looks like a Playstation 1 game. wink
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 31-Jan-13 10:29:46
Print Post

Yea just made me laugh you said it would be in the bargain bin and at the top of my screen they were offering 23% off wink

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Jan-13 10:44:27
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Game over Man,Game over wink

Personally Jaxx i would really like this game to be really good but i can not help writing negative things about it when i see the trailers.

Im not on my own in thinking it looks Pants !,go to many gaming sites and the comments in the forums regarding the trailers from the game will clarify what I'm saying.

If it turns out decent then that will be a bonus,but I'm predicting terrible review scores and its certainly not a game i would dream of pre/ordering based on what i have seen and heard .
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Jan-13 12:24:31
Print Post

I had a go at the Dust beta last night. What a load of .......

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Jan-13 14:16:03
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I know as i downloaded that about 3 months ago as a Plus subscriber,like you i could not see what the hell all the fuss was about regarding this game.

After trying for about 60 minutes to get into this game i decided it was not for me and deleted the file.
Standard User bigbadpirate
(newbie) Sun 03-Feb-13 14:49:32
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Directly the result of devs listening to whiny [censored] on irc. There was one point in the beta that the game looked like it was heading in the right direction but sadly the devs decided to listen to dumbarses that have no foresight. I was invited from the release but had no interest until they implemeted the use of keyboard and mouse on the ps3/game and told them so. When it was anounced that they had added this planned feature i jumped in both feet with glee, less than 5 weeks later they patched the game and broke the keyboard and mouse. A lot of the better pc gamers left at that point then the lunatics took over the asylum. The only redeeming factor could be that it's probably not going to given up on and will be worked on for a while exactly like Eve online. Time will tell.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to