Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Feb-13 22:27:34
Print Post

Resident Evil 5

[link to this post]

Must say it's been a rather good game. Whilst controls were overly twitchy and the item selection process has all the elegance of a hippo dancing, it has been an action-packed two player game.

The last chapter was a real pain, especially having to rapidly press F for about a minute, but after many, many, many deaths Wesker was defeated.

Checkpoints were occasionally too far apart, especially on the last chapter, and the cut scenes needed both players to skip.

However, there were some really great parts, especially the vehicle chase section...

Follow me on Twitter. Be*
My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Feb-13 00:00:55
Print Post

Re: Resident Evil 5

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

I thought it was utter pants and many resident evil people felt the same........Dead Space absolutely slaughters this game and im including the new Dead Space 3 in that quote.
Standard User astateoftrance
(learned) Mon 11-Feb-13 12:07:18
Print Post

I agree, played it in co-op mode and thought it was a good fun action game, not scary though so I can see why many people may not like it. The mercenaries was also really good.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Feb-13 23:32:19
Print Post

Mechanically, I thought it was a blo*dy awful game, whichever mode you played it in.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Feb-13 00:01:33
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Personally i traded it after 30 minutes,nothing like Resident evil and not a good game.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Feb-13 17:42:59
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I thought it was pretty good. The Quicktime events could be a bit of a pain, especially as one section the keys needed only appeared for a fraction of a second.

The only real problem is that it isn't scary any more - everything has been seen (And done) in Resident Evil 2...

My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Feb-13 23:52:23
Print Post

Dead Space 1 and 2 took that honour of resident evil and only resident evil 4 on the gamecube was a awesome game.

Have you played Dead Space,if not go out do not pass go and buy them because they are awesome games and have a lot more fear than recent resident evil games.

There seems to be a trend happening regarding development of games,original developers have sort of eloped and new developers bought in.

Metroid series was ruined after Retro made Metroid Prime 1 and 2 we then had Metroid other M,developed by team ninja........Why oh why would you do that......Retro created a masterpiece when Metroid Prime first came out,now we have some [censored] jap developers given us some souped up 3rd person view game that is not a patch on the original .

i remember the first time i got hold of a imported cart from Japan [in english] of super metroid on the SNES ,£80 import it cost in the days when Europe had to basically wait a year to get a game,things are better now its usually just a few days and a few weeks at most.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 13-Feb-13 13:17:55
Print Post

Never really wanted to play it really, especially if its not multiplayer.

My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User astateoftrance
(learned) Thu 14-Feb-13 13:17:35
Print Post

I can see why you and many other people would have been disappointed as it is not like the classic resident evil games and is not scary. But if you can accept that and play it with a open mind then I think it is actually a good game, I played it through on split screen co-op which I think makes it better. Its got 84/100 on metacritic which is respectable.

I would say if you want a scary survival horror game then give it a miss but if you want a action co-op game then I would recommend it.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Feb-13 14:32:17
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

I guess its pressure from the masses that make developers try something different,but Resident evil was all about the fear factor,you could apply that logic to Dead Space because the latest edition has been slated for taking the same sort of route as Resident evil.

But Dead Space 3 is still a very good game apart from the ending,its not got so many scares but the action is intense and very frantic and without Kinesis you don't have a prayer .
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to