Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Feb-13 15:18:10
Print Post

Sony..New York Conference 20th ..Live Stream

[link to this post]

So come this Wednesday a lot of speculation and rumours will be put to bed when Sony Hold there conference in New York City at 6pm ... 11pm BST time.

If they don't reveal a Playstation 4 announcement the internet will explode,if they do reveal there new console the internet will explode.

So if like me you are into your gaming and think its about time we had some new next generation consoles then listen up.

Many Internet sites will be streaming the conference live,Sony have given open permission for this to happen,so this is Ign.com Take on that event

Myself i think come around 10pm in the evening i will have laptop in hand and will watch the event with anticipation of a Playstation 4 reveal,anything else will be a disappointment.

What would be nice if they do reveal a new console would be a world wide release at the same time,speculation abound seems to think this will not happen [you don't say its Sony and Europe don't exist ] and they are expecting a release date of Sep/Oct/Nov in Japan and Usa and us 3rd world countries March 2014.

If this is the case then i hope a week or a month or so later Microsoft comes on board with there news giving us a console that we can get hold of at the end of 2013 just like everyone else.

People are going to say that we have to wait because of localisation and all the languages associated with Europe,this in this day and age is complete rubbish because we get the games now virtually exactly the same time and Microsoft and other companies don't have this problem when releasing hardware.

Admittedly the likes of Apple usually ship there new iphones in the USA first but there is no reason on earth that Europe has to wait time and time again.

Now the surprise if they do announce a Playstation 4 or whatever they call it would be a world wide release at the same time,but knowing Sony this would be as big as a surprise as the Playstation 4 announcement in the first place.

Anyway come Wednesday Evening all will be revealed........Im kind of excited to be honest as its a long time coming and the gap between console games and PC is Huge......Take Crysis 3 for example even though it looks lovely on the consoles the PC version looks awesome.

I know we are never going to keep up with a High End PC but a new console will bridge the gap slightly wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 18-Feb-13 15:20:04)

Standard User astateoftrance
(learned) Mon 18-Feb-13 17:32:10
Print Post

Re: Sony..New York Conference 20th ..Live Stream

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah I am pretty excited to see what the PS4 will be like, I am unlikely to buy it on release day but the sooner it is released the sooner there will be a price drop. Think I will just wait til thursday morning to see the announcement though.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Feb-13 23:37:52
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Based on your views and price drop on a Playstation 4 i would be guessing you waiting about 18 months from now,especially if the Europe release date is March 2014 which is another 13 months away,then dont expect anything reduced for at least another 6 months.

The Vita has been out a year and has sold in very few quantities and only today have they reduced it on price in its home country Japan.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Feb-13 00:36:20
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It's official....nelly's going dragon slaying! grin
  Print Thread

Jump to