Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Feb-13 01:30:43
Print Post

Sony Conference........Epic

[link to this post]

Well i just watched the Sony Conference on a live stream from ign.com and i have to say i was blown away from what i saw and there future plans for there newly announced playstation 4.

Nothing but brilliant looking realistic games and 2 hours of non stop chat regarding the new system,all the rumours about the new controller were spot on and it looked exactly like the leaked pictures from around a week ago.

Only shock was no actually console reveal.price point ,or hands on release date other than the words Holiday 2013 at the end of the event.

What i will say after watching this and my first thoughts for the first time in my life is.....Why would i ever want a new Xbox 720 after witnessing such a show stopping event.

I have always wanted both the playstation and the xbox so i have the best of both worlds,and we all know that in the past development has been far user friendly on the 360 because of the cell processor in the p3 and the fact only a few developers got to grips with it.

It seems Sony has had that chip of there shoulder taken of and now the playstation 4 reveal look like custom parts of the shelf and extremely user friendly to develop for.

X86 Chip and 8Gig of DDR5 ram for starters is a nice touch considering the console we have now the playstation 3 has 256mb of ram.

The games looked awesome and so real life,the new killzone looked amazing and Watchdogs looked awesome also,which the developer confirmed would be on both the Playstation 3 and the new Playstation 4........I know what i will be buying it on.

I know one thing Sony have set the bar extremely high and put all there cards on the table and Microsoft certainly have a lot to beat when they finally have there presentation.

If they do pull it of its only good news for gamers........Bring it on.

Sony have released the complete specifications of the PS4. You can check it out below:

Main Processor
Single-chip custom processor
CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based
graphics engine

Memory
GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive
Built-in

Optical Drive
(read only)
BD 6xCAV
DVD 8xCAV
I/O
Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) 、AUX

Communication
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output
HDMI
Analog-AV out
Digital Output (optical)
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.

I dare say there will be a few PC gamers telling us the specs are out of date already.......tongue

Compared to what we have at present I'm well and truly happy with the final specifications

Edited by time2die (Thu 21-Feb-13 02:01:22)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Feb-13 02:25:11
Print Post

Re: Sony Conference........Epic

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Me too mate. 8G High Speed RAM on a dedicated console looks awesome.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Feb-13 09:32:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Only shock was no actually console reveal.price point ,or hands on release date other than the words Holiday 2013 at the end of the event.

Xmas then

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Feb-13 09:56:44
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

For Japan And Usa as i doubt it will be Europe,like i said in previous thread Sony have a stronghold in Europe but not America.

Sony will shoot themselves in the foot if they dare make Europe wait much longer after there initial release schedule.

Im hoping it's a worldwide release .......But thats a big HOPE wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Feb-13 10:14:18
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

No Release Date,No actual Pictures of the console and no price point but already Uk Retailers are letting you pre/order them with a guessed price structure.

Here
Standard User undecidedadrian
(regular) Thu 21-Feb-13 11:13:30
Print Post

With the 8Gbyte of memory that hopefully means now better support for 64bit gaming in general.

Which can only be a good thing as Skyrim had awful problems catering for 32 bit users as well as 64bit.
  Print Thread

Jump to