Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Feb-13 07:26:39
Print Post

PS4

[link to this post]

For those who weren't allowed to stay up, the full 2 hour PS4 event.

One question remains. Does Andrew house have really small hands?
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Feb-13 07:28:59
Print Post

Re: PS4

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Or the first official trailer if you can't be bothered with the detail.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Feb-13 10:05:01
Print Post

So I'm guessing that was you them that went to bed early wink Call yourself a gamer tongue

Im just intrigued to what Microsoft now have to bring to the table having spent the last couple of years developing multimedia type production and accessories and forgetting what the Xbox360 is in the first place.......A gaming machine ........Period.

Rumours abound that they still have a strong desire to support that rubbish Kinect with version 2.0 .

Personally i don't care for any of this stuff because Nintendo was first at the table with this and milked it to death with there ultra successful Nintendo wii.

Now people have become bored with it and the gimmick has had its day,take a look at the Nintendo Wii U sales and how bad they have been.

Why would anybody Buy a Nintendo Wii U to play a HD update of a game we have already played on our Playstation or Xbox.........Where is Mario,Zelda,Metroid.......Nintendo have already become last gen already and its only been out 4 months.

Dont care for ,Facebook,twitter,amazon.lovefilm,netflix and all the other junk neither.tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-Feb-13 11:54:24
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Motion tracking for head movement would be cool. Imagine looking to your left and right to see enemies in your peripheral view without changing direction? Seems crazy there's no solution yet...?

When you consider it, the PS4 may even be out of date hardware specs wise before it's even released. Of course, this would be true if it were not for the ability for consoles to wring out maximum processing potential (unlike Windows) but I don't suppose it'll be too long before their next gen graphics are left behind in the dust by PCs again.

I'm thinking the reliance on AMD chips as huge cost cutting exercises for both Sony and MS means they are thinking about the future, encouraging development to the max and also leaving some leeway for introducing a potential PS5/1080 successor far earlier than the 7-8 year gap between the PS3 and PS4 etc. A faster development cycle... just look at all the moaning from the PC and console gamers about aging graphics, lack of potential etc. I have a strong suspicion it won't be long before we're all bemoaning the lack of power in these consoles and the shortsightedness MS and Sony had. crazy
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Feb-13 15:20:04
Print Post

No, I was there man, taking a late one for the team. wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Feb-13 15:27:12
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I read an article earlier that mildy rebuked your synopsis, you PC fetishist you.

Any hoo, the sites down so I can't link to it at the moment, but I can prove it....honest like. grin
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Feb-13 15:43:58
Print Post

Yeah i read that to and it was a good read.........N4G is having some major connection issues last week or so as this is the 6th time in as many days i can not access the site.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Feb-13 17:09:11
Print Post

It's back up and here is the link I was on about.

PS4 vs the great discord

It will probably mean more to you and timey than me SPOOK, as I have never been a PC gamer, but I thought it to be a very balanced response by somebody that sounds like he knows his stuff, as well as being a PC gamer himself.

My analogy being, a 5mph difference in top speed between a new Ferrari and a new Lamborghini, should not have to lead to one or the other being classed as slow.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Feb-13 18:08:48
Print Post

Thats the one.........Drat i was just about to post it.......Shamone ***** ****** wink

Dont mean anything to me mate........Spook is the Master when it comes to PC geeky stuff because we know he is one wink

We don't see him to much on here because he is doing some lectures at some top brass university around the UK.

Either that or he is Hanging upside down in some darkened cave tongue

May be with a bit of gentle persuasion from me and you we can entice him into the world of console gaming,we could even get a crew together.......Clan Like......OAP UNITED smile

Im sure Spook may well end up getting a Playstation 4 and then we can have some fun giving him a good hiding,mind you MR nelster you will have to trade in your latest console the N64 you are playing........smile
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Sun 24-Feb-13 23:09:35
Print Post

Its a interesting read, though great wall of text in some parts a few spaces in between would have helped.

A few months till E3 but will be interesting to see what Sony show off in the full release along side microsoft at the show, some may say the gap is closing in hardware specs but the PC hardware market will move forward as always.

Certain titles do well on a console platform but others are better on PC, will be a interesting few years and hopefully some interesting IP's from the developers that work well on PC and console.

Orange BB 5856/448
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to