Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Mar-13 00:45:41
Print Post

Tomb Raider...3 hour Playtest...Lovely

[link to this post]

Well i loaded Tomb Raider up tonight and virtually 3 hours later i had to drag myself away from the game to get some Kip.

Says a lot when you play a game and you have trouble switching the game of because the enjoyment is really good and you just want to complete that little bit extra.

In some respects [not all] i would say it certainly holds a candle next to the uncharted series and if anything i would say the gun play is so much better.

Its still got the exploring aspects in some form but from what i have played after the first hour this is a 3rd person shooter of a very high quality and a lot of extreme violence [love it]........

Does it live up to the hype and the reviews i would say a defiantly YES and it certainly meets my expectations and so far for me the best game to be released this 2013 without Question.

Got plenty of levelling up.......Skills,Guns ,Etc and has a map not to different from far cry and Fast Travel.....

Overhaul a brilliant game from Crystal Dynamics but those expecting previous Tomb Raider games need not apply......this is a all out action game with minimal exploring from what i have played but some amazing set pieces and plenty of gun totting action a plenty.......wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Mar-13 06:17:10
Print Post

Re: Tomb Raider...3 hour Playtest...Lovely

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
In some respects [not all] i would say it certainly holds a candle next to the uncharted series and if anything i would say the gun play is so much better.
Thats probably the only negative I found with the uncharted series. It's good to hear Tomb Raider has decent aim/shooting mechanics though. And if the environment is even nearly as pretty as UC2 and 3, then I'm sold.

In which respect is it "not all" like the Uncharted games?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Mar-13 09:07:06
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Very much mate........But you just know a good game the minute you watch the intro and then see the lovely menu system.

Plenty of love has gone into this game.wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Mar-13 12:37:23
Print Post

What are the puzzles like?? I found the puzzles in UC3 to be rubbish with no real thought needed.

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Mar-13 00:16:29
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Puzzles are quite rare in this game Swanny its all about killing and some lovely set pieces and some amazing graphical work here.

When you do get the option to explore a tomb then they are pretty easy........for me anyway tongue

You might spend a few days on each one wink so in that case this game should last you until Battlefield 4 arrives next Christmas.

Only kidding smile
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Mar-13 12:06:50
Print Post

That's a shame as the puzzles were really good in Tomb Raider

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Mar-13 17:58:29
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I read somewhere they were better than the Uncharted puzzles and with no hints, the CVG review maybe.

I prefer the hints......zero patience nowadays. frown
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Mar-13 00:02:40
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I tell you this game is a Amazing epic adventure and a gem if I'm honest,I'm still playing it after about 14 hours
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 13:22:22
Print Post

Finished the game and got a 68% completion score,obviously missed quite a bit and now you get the option to go back and collect what you have missed on the island........But as much as i thought it was a really great game i dont think im that interested in doing that particular task.

After watching the credits roll i did return and collected a few things but i found it pretty boring to be honest and its a game that does not really have much replay value,tried the multiplayer and that was pretty horrendous to be honest and should not have been a added perk in the first place.

I also tried the Far Cry 3 multiplayer last night for the first time and that isn't much better,there are very few online games that hold my attention,only Killzone 3 and Gears 3 do i play online.

And the least said about Black Plops the better,and i do hope come this November we don't get the same Copy and paste scenario yet again.

No treyarch this time and back to infinity ward and MW .......Whats actually left of them and MW3 was not without its faults.

For me Watchdogs is the game i am most looking forward to,especially if Sony release the P4 in Europe around the time its out ,because its going to be on older and the new hardware.

Actually i was thinking about this and Watchdogs and was thinking why would i buy watchdogs on a Playstation 3 come november and then have to buy it 4 months later in March 2014 if Sony make the grave mistake of making Europe wait again.

I think only a announcement from Microsoft reference there new hardware and the fact that they will launch worldwide this year will prompt Sony into a change of strategy .

And then you have to laugh really to see the likes of me,Swanny and i dare say a few million others pre/ordering something that could quite frankly be a year away.......Shows how desperate us console gamers are for some new toys.

Edited by time2die (Fri 08-Mar-13 13:25:25)

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Mon 11-Mar-13 10:02:16
Print Post

I bought Tomb Raider yesterday from Steam, it's an amazing game! I am a massive fan, the shooting mechanics are great fun like you say and all of the set pieces are good. I wish there was a few more puzzles to do but I am enjoying just exploring the island at the minute and stumbling across random challenges to do etc. The story so far seems really good and it's one of the first times in a while that I have actually stopped to read / listen to everything I pick up such as the documents, scrolls etc. It's really interesting learning about the island and it's history.

On another note I have plugged my lovely shiny new gaming laptop into my TV through HDMI and am using an Xbox controller to play, this is the first game I have done it with (everything else has been MMO's so keyboard and mouse) and it's a great setup! I can now sit on the sofa playing through my big TV and have the benefits of better graphics than my Xbox could ever dream of. HAPPY JAXX!!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to