Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 15:51:39
Print Post

PlayStation 4 Eye

[link to this post]

I don't like the look of the new PlayStation 4 Eye

As for the PlayStation 4 Eye, well, it's a much more dramatic shift compared with the predecessor. The new bar-shaped Eye, of course, works with PlayStation Move (and DualShock 4) motion control, and looks on paper as a more suitable contender against a future version of Microsoft's Kinect. Why? Well, the Eye packs dual cameras that can individually capture 1280x800 pixel RAW/YUV video at 30fps (and 640x480 at 120fps or 320x192 at 240fps) each -- these figures stand way above the existing single-lens Eye and its outdated 640x480 video capture capabilities.

Those the dual-lens Eye can observe an 85-degree diagonal viewing angle (up from the previous 75 degrees) and should have little issue perceiving depth and the location of multiple players in a living room. For audio capture, the Eye can hear a great deal due to its four integrated microphones, which could make misunderstood voice commands a thing of the past. Gamers can also log in to the PS4 with the Eye's facial-recognition software.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57570456-1/finer...

I don't want a camera watching me and microphones listening to me thanks
And I don't need facial-recognition on my games machine.
If you can't bin the eye thing then I won't be getting a PS4 so there Sony tongue

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/21/sony=playstation-...

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 16:08:51
Print Post

Re: PlayStation 4 Eye

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

You will buy it even if it had fingerprint scanner and breath sensor to log on.

Im sure its pretty much like the Playstation eye camera at the moment only more advanced that at present along with the Move is boxed in the loft for the past 2 years as its another piece of useless motion control gaming that was never supported and never ever hit the potential dizzy heights of the original Nintendo Wii but like i said i care not for anything motion controlled in gaming as I'm just stuck in my ways and I'm to dam lazy.

Nintendo Nailed it at the time but thats era is over and motions control gaming is not the direction the console manufacturers want to go,concentrate on great games and not gimmicks and stupid motion controlled dance sims and the rest of the dross on both the Move and Kinnect .
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 16:10:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
I don't like the look of the new PlayStation 4 Eye

As for the PlayStation 4 Eye, well, it's a much more dramatic shift compared with the predecessor. The new bar-shaped Eye, of course, works with PlayStation Move (and DualShock 4) motion control, and looks on paper as a more suitable contender against a future version of Microsoft's Kinect. Why? Well, the Eye packs dual cameras that can individually capture 1280x800 pixel RAW/YUV video at 30fps (and 640x480 at 120fps or 320x192 at 240fps) each -- these figures stand way above the existing single-lens Eye and its outdated 640x480 video capture capabilities.

Those the dual-lens Eye can observe an 85-degree diagonal viewing angle (up from the previous 75 degrees) and should have little issue perceiving depth and the location of multiple players in a living room. For audio capture, the Eye can hear a great deal due to its four integrated microphones, which could make misunderstood voice commands a thing of the past. Gamers can also log in to the PS4 with the Eye's facial-recognition software.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57570456-1/finer...

I don't want a camera watching me and microphones listening to me thanks
And I don't need facial-recognition on my games machine.
If you can't bin the eye thing then I won't be getting a PS4 so there Sony tongue

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/21/sony=playstation-...

Nar Nar Nar nar NAR.....wink Stop your crying you be first in line especially if Battlefield 4 was exclusive to Sony or had some exclusive downloads.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 16:36:51
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
You will buy it even if it had fingerprint scanner and breath sensor to log on.

I won't be buying it if it has facial recognition, I don't like all this BB [censored] that's happening at the mo, I certainly don't want a games console storing information about me thanks
All I want to do is turn on the console and play a game so why would I need to go through a security scan? And I don't want cameras watching my every move at home.

My PS3 works fine without all that BS smile

Apparently the xbox is getting the same treatment.

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Mar-13 16:59:23
Print Post

The of Sauron!

Can't we -privacy concerned gaming citizens of the world- cover the cameras up and block the microphones with blutack or something? crazy
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 18:35:03
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I'll just wander about with no kegs on. That'll learn 'em.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 19:12:30
Print Post

Pssst! I know why Swanny is worried about cameras in his living room. wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 20:33:11
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Hehe yea they'd turn them all off then

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Mar-13 20:33:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
The of Sauron!

Can't we -privacy concerned gaming citizens of the world- cover the cameras up and block the microphones with blutack or something? crazy

I don't want one at all but that's a good idea

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Mar-13 00:10:17
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Ha Ha ! wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to