Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Mar-13 16:40:50
Print Post

Gears Judgement..Quicks thoughts

[link to this post]

How about its extremely hard and there is no Horde mode which i new and only 10 waves of enemies,but on wave 3 it feels like wave 20 in the originally horde Mode.

Its a frantic game from the brief spell i have had a quick blast on with only 4 modes available online,free for all,survival.overrun and team death.

Strange decision to drop Horde Mode and i do hope this returns on the planned downloadable content in the next month or so.

Im not really going to say that the online blows me away at present as constant dying is not much fun and i will say it again this is one extremely tough online game.

Weapons need more grunt and after picking your player of choice be it a engineer,medic,solider you are not left with much to fight with,engineer is good as he can lay turrets but all he has to defend himself is a pistol and this is a complete waste of space,the other thing he can do is repair the barricades and turret guns with his welding type pistol,and believe you me he is going to do this a hell of a lot as the barricades and turrets take damage very quickly.

At present I'm on the fence not entirely blown away but my view may well change with a little more playtime,one thing for sure if ever a game requires Team Work then this is that game.

You really need 4 good friends and some good tactical decisions if your going to get anywhere in this game online

Updated Information.

Try as i might i am just having trouble really liking this game online,all it makes me want to do is get Gears 3 out of the box and play the Horde mode that is not included in this game with is a tragedy of the highest order.

Single player is pretty decent but i don't get the gears Feel with this and was expecting big things from the new developers of Bulletstorm......[people can fly] but at present I'm in the camp that thinks they have ruined it if im honest.

Was so looking forward to this game and its still early days so my opinion may change but I'm not convinced because its not exactly bowling me over even after the short 2 hours online and about 90 minutes single player.

I see on the Xbox live site we have the seasons pass for 1600 points already,couple of maps and another couple of game modes in 2 weeks,something that should have been included from the of as this ships with minimum content and only 4 modes of play and 4 multiplayer maps and 10 is the norm in this day and age.

Hope i change my mind about it and if your on the fence regarding this then give it a miss........

Edited by time2die (Thu 21-Mar-13 18:43:32)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Mar-13 15:38:18
Print Post

Re: Gears Judgement..Quicks thoughts

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It says something when you come onto a Gaming Forum and start answering your own posts tongue.

Anyway like i said Gears Judgment is not for me and a complete wasted opportunity to have something special wasted.

Back to the well loved Horde Mode in Gears 3 and i even picked up Gears 2 today for a fiver because i had never played Horde mode with this game online and its brilliant,games 4 years old but to be honest you would not know much difference graphically between this and Judgment.

Download the Map pack for Gears 2 with 19 maps.......The complete collection........I just adore Horde mode and why oh why it was left out is beyond belief as its the most popular game mode in the series.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Mar-13 22:07:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
I just adore Horde mode and why oh why it was left out is beyond belief as its the most popular game mode in the series.

Maybe they just wanna make it available separately to buy, y'know - charge people more for it the good old capitalist American way. wink

Or, less cynically. Perhaps they're working on an absolutely amazing horde mode for Gears Judgement that they wanted to take their time on to get perfect before releasing it for free to say a big thank you to all their adoring fans*. grin

*Hahahaha. Sarcasm has its own self-indulgent rewards! tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Mar-13 00:51:20
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Well Spook tonight i went back to Gears 3 and Horde and if they do release a Horde Mode in Judgement then that will be great.if they don't its traded.
Standard User restarts
(learned) Sat 23-Mar-13 11:31:28
Print Post

The single player i finished yesterday, Not that impressed, The first 3 are much better, Also the controls are pretty [censored], After playing tomb raider you can tell how [censored] the aiming and smoothness is, The recoil on weapons make it worse.

The aftermath i've played a little, That seem's better than the first boring campaign.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Mar-13 16:33:07
Print Post

[re: restarts] [link to this post]

Back to Gears 3 as i don't like this game one little bit.......ruined opportunity.
  Print Thread

Jump to