Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Mar-13 01:13:31
Print Post

Bioshock Infinite ..Simply Stunning

[link to this post]

Games like this come around every few years and i have to say i have never in a long time been so enthralled in a gaming world like Bioshock Infinite gives you.

From marvellous pacing,great story,level design the game is pure masterclass in how to make a superb game,and to think all this is on ageing consoles where there life is all but ended.

If this would have been on a Playstation 4 we would be singing the praises,but to think this is on a playstation 3 and they hit this standard of production then i think that console owners will drool in delight when developers like this release next generation games in the next year or so.

Im not going to talk about the game as to do that would spoil it for those that are intent on playing it,what i will say is im 3 hours in and i had to drag myself away from the playstation 3 because i just did not want to turn this class act of.wink

Last time i had this sort of feeling was with Red Dead Redemption,i have played a few decent games since them but only weeks if not days later I've traded them.

This is one of those games you never trade,i still have Gears 3 and Red Dead Redemption and a couple of others i class as awesome keepers.

Edited by time2die (Wed 27-Mar-13 09:14:27)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Mar-13 06:34:59
Print Post

Re: Bioshock Infinite ..Simply Stunning

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Mine arrived yesterday but I didn't even get a chance to open it, work and what have you. frown
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Mar-13 08:51:00
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Cool I'll get it when the price drops. Picking up Tomb Raider for £25 this week from game

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Mar-13 09:15:41
Print Post

Ironing ,cooking ,and cleaning wink

You will be in your own little world once you start playing it and your family will not exist wink

Edited by time2die (Wed 27-Mar-13 09:16:24)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Mar-13 17:08:10
Print Post

This is a public service announcement......all lunatics have officially left the building!

Accordingly, roast pork chow mein and spare ribs are winging their way to me as we speak and Bioshock Infinite is loaded and ready to go.

I haven't had it this good since the day before she decided we were getting married. wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Mar-13 17:48:50
Print Post

And thats what she said laugh

Enjoy the ride mate,awesome game wink

I just fired up Battlefield 3 again and waited about 3 hours to download all the updates and all the premium downloadable content.

Had a quick go but for how long who knows,not really ranked up that much and choice of guns is pathetic,swanny what do you recommend for a loadout once unlocked and when i have nothing at the moment.

Edited by time2die (Thu 28-Mar-13 17:51:39)

Standard User Decani
(newbie) Thu 28-Mar-13 18:28:10
Print Post

Oh you utter utter... b*st*rd frown

I was SOOO not going to fork out cash for this, holding my hands to my ears and humming loudly, got to STOP buying games, I have dozens with the shrink wrap still on... now I've got to buy it frown
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Mar-13 18:36:38
Print Post

I've been playing BF3 a lot over the last few days. Going back in in a bit actually. Had a few good rounds too I might add.

You will find you'll start unlocking things left right and centre in no time. But you'll need to go to you load out at times to select accessories like optical, red dot or infra red scopes and foregrips and the like. It's a bit of pain but at least you can switch weapons loadout without too much trouble (just click your primary, secondary weapons slot etc).

I'm using the SCAR-H or whatever it is a lot with the Engineer class at the moment. I've also started using the G36C (seems to be much more powerful) and SMAW rocket launcher for those moments when nothing but a rocket propelled grenade will do. wink Add to that, I've often got mines, improved flak protection or extra ammo and a couple of grenades.

It won't take long to get more guns. I've even got weapons unlocks on tanks and things now and finally understood how to use them (by pressing 1,2,3 keys etc). It wasn't like that in BF2. My K|D ratio is still pretty poor as I'm far too gung ho and don't know any of the maps very well or at all having only played them for the first time ever. I also totally suck in planes and though I can fly helos I'm not much good at doing damage with them and get taken down far too much and far too easily.

Great game though. I'm lovin' the trails motorbikes - they're a great way of getting around and uncapping flags. I'm a conquest mode playing flag capturing man! tongue

Edited by SPOOKish (Thu 28-Mar-13 18:36:59)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Mar-13 19:14:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
And thats what she said laugh

Enjoy the ride mate,awesome game wink

I just fired up Battlefield 3 again and waited about 3 hours to download all the updates and all the premium downloadable content.

Had a quick go but for how long who knows,not really ranked up that much and choice of guns is pathetic,swanny what do you recommend for a loadout once unlocked and when i have nothing at the moment.

My prefered weapons are
SCAR H for my Engineer
L86A2 for Support
I'm useless as a sniper so no advice on a good sniper rifle
PDW-R is good as well
M27 IAR is a good gun for starting
But everything seems to kill me :/

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Mar-13 19:16:37
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Great game though. I'm lovin' the trails motorbikes - they're a great way of getting around and uncapping flags. I'm a conquest mode playing flag capturing man! tongue

Remember you can make bigger jumps if you pop a wheelie right before the jump laugh

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to