Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 07-Apr-13 18:07:29
Print Post

Resident Evil 6

[link to this post]

Busy playing this at the moment, and it is rather good. However, it does suffer from some significant flaws - namely the camera.

This is especially bad at the end of Chris's mission, where, instead of the fighting the huge monster that is busy trying to get to know you better, you are in fact fighting a camera system that wants you to collide with objects you can't see and run around in circles because the change of camera results in the control system changing...

And then the end of game credits... Oh dear! When you complete each characters mission you have to sit through a non-skippable, 5+ minute credit list...

Animation is okay - as usual there are jumps (although not as bad as RE 5 where a shot enemy would bounce out of the room and kindly close the door after him).

ResidentEvil.Net is a mess though - cant post to the forums (and have tried 3 different browsers)

Follow me on Twitter. Possibly inbetween ISP's at the moment.
My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User lt567
(committed) Sun 07-Apr-13 19:18:26
Print Post

Re: Resident Evil 6

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Do you like it so far overall? I might pick it up in the Steam sale at some point, and I notice there is some sort of cross Left 4 Dead 2 content going on
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Apr-13 11:39:34
Print Post

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

Yes, overall it is very enjoyable, which exception of the problems I have already stated (plus a few other niggles).

The graphics are great and everything is nice and smooth on my nVidia 9800GT.

It is a lot more gruesome than RE5, but still not frightening. The virus now transforms humans into what appears machines (at least only in Leon's campaign), and the transformation animation is good - bit like Transformers.

Oh, and there is now a fair bit of nudity in too...

I think the L4D thing is that Capcom borrowed the zombie faces from that - lazy or what ?!

My Blog
12 Things...

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Mon 08-Apr-13 11:40:45)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Apr-13 12:05:45
Print Post

Personally the franchise has gone downhill since Resident evil 4 on the gamecube which by all accounts was the best ever Resi Game.

Dead Space does it so much better and Resident Evil 6 was traded within a few hours as i just did not like it one little bit.

Edited by time2die (Mon 08-Apr-13 12:06:53)

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Apr-13 00:50:55
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

We PC users cant trade in games nowadays frown

Just completed the last of the missions (Ada's one) and just waiting for the tedious end credits to finish.

There were a couple of really annoying sections (mostly to do with timing), but on the whole it was quite good.

All in all, the best mission really was Leon's one, mainly because the others suffered from camera problems - and it was generally the most exciting anyway.

I will probably get Resident Evil 7 (which is due in May), unless reviews are dire - but I don't see the franchise going any further as its all been done. You can't really parody Jaws, Terminator, Aliens and more again...

My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Apr-13 00:51:52
Print Post

Apparently the L4D2 characters are now in Re6 - both Valve and Capcom must be desperate to attract new players...

My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User lt567
(committed) Tue 09-Apr-13 13:21:14
Print Post

Hmmm I personally wouldn't say the two go together but hey ho, I know zombies and all but.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Apr-13 13:27:43
Print Post

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

It smacks of desperation by both parties really...

My Blog
12 Things...
  Print Thread

Jump to