Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 29-Apr-13 20:13:40
Print Post

Watchdogs

[link to this post]

New trailer.

As good as it looks, sometimes I think I notice a lack of detail? Perhaps this is a trade off as the fidelity looks excellent and the lighting looks really nice too. Hopefully I'm mistaken, but to me detail is important.

I'm hoping for Uncharted like detail with added fidelity next gen, if you know what I mean.
Standard User Derisive
(newbie) Mon 29-Apr-13 21:33:31
Print Post

Re: Watchdogs

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I hate trolls who just spam "shut up and take my money" all over the place... but that does pretty much sum up my attitude towards this game.

I'm actually trying to distance myself, as to not get over-hyped and then let down when the game is actually released. Based on the trailers, I'm still not sure if it's supposed to be a SP or MP game.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Apr-13 23:32:05
Print Post

[re: Derisive] [link to this post]

Anyone telling me to shut up and to just take their money gets my gratitude! So, anybody? How about it? What's that? Just shut up? Oh. Right...

Yeah, I think the game's SP but I understand where you're coming from. The devs ambitions seem to be a little all over the place and that's never a good sign. It'll be hard to make this game play out anywhere near the expectations of the trailers. Hopefully it won't be a lame duck even if it is half finished on release. It'd be nice to think the team behind it were gonna stick with it and properly patch it if that was the case.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Apr-13 23:42:26
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

What's this added esoteric fidelity stuff you're on about nels? I agree that the lighting looks good for sure, hopefully there will be dynamic day/night and weather. Always adds to the game that.

Perhaps the lesser visible detail is down to video compression? Maybe? I watched it back in 720p but I think I know where you are coming from. Small detail in signs etc wasn't so clear. I'm recalling earlier videos showed more detail maybe. I don't know. Can't be arsed to look and I have strong doubts about Watchdog that make me wary of it being a good game as I just can't see much of how the gameplay can be any good. It'll either be really good but incredibly short or people will moan that the story is all over the place and the gameplay is nothing like how you'd think from the trailers.

It's one of the strange ironies in life that hacking could be seen to be cool. Yeah, I'd love to know how to do it but really, the impression you get is that most hackers are living at home with their parents. Hackers are not cool and neither are spies really, in fact they're incredibly nerdy and probably find it hard to talk to strangers.

Edit: a slight difference in video size (don't ask me how I know wink ) but the official Ubisoft vid looks better to me, even if it's just my subjectivity speaking:

http://youtu.be/7WuZ8wuQvw0

Edited by SPOOKish (Tue 30-Apr-13 00:39:15)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Apr-13 00:49:41
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Be game of the year contender along side the new Killzone game.........I said so it got to be a fact wink

Spook you go back to hanging upside down in your darkened cave crapping all over the place,most of these games you will never see as they are only going to be on consoles tongue

Bet your dribbling and crying at the same time,Watchdogs is Multi platform so your all right there,but many of the other games on the PS4 are not coming to that Gaming box of tricks that you own.

Day 1 for me for a Playstation 4 for sure,mrnelster is also upgrading and getting himself a sega dreamcast wink,he just sent me a PM and said how much he enjoyed Goldeneye on his recently purchased Nintendo 64.

You know he is a little behind the times and we have tried to educate him but have truly failed.smile

Edited by time2die (Tue 30-Apr-13 00:57:23)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Apr-13 01:05:59
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I thought mrnelster was buying that all in one console thing I linked to last week? wink

Hanging upside down all the time certainly does make life more difficult for sure, especially going to the toilet. I'm using those mansize nappies you sent now, they seem to be doing the trick. (At least for the first couple of times.) tongue

I got a nice new article for you btw Timey old boy! You are gonna love this and it may even make you think twice about leaving your past loyalties with MS for Sony. As I know just how much you like to see new posts made in the forum I shall start a new thread just for you! tongue
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Apr-13 10:03:26
Print Post

Already watched the video mate and its just a motion controlled bore,making the room outside of the television part of the game and landscape.

I have no interest in anything game related if its like this,Nintendo wii started all this of and it seems Microsoft is hell bent on giving us this New Kinect 2 thing and lots of media and little in the way of new Ips and in my books they have showed me nothing that makes me even slightly interested in getting there new console at present.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Apr-13 21:10:02
Print Post

Nope. Still not feeling it Spook. I'm not sure what it is, but something feels lacklustre. I didn't feel that way with the original reveal, in fact I thought that battle in the street looked awesome with a vibrant, shiny environment. Selective footage perhaps? But this latest video (though nice in places) feels flatter and more of a "matt" finish overall.

I also have reservations about the gameplay. Not so much whether it is any good or not, but whether it is up my street. I didnt play splinter cell at all, found MGS relatively repetitive and like you I also think the spy thing could end up a little nondescript.

Give me Goldeneye MP in Big Head mode every time! tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Apr-13 21:14:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
he just sent me a PM and said how much he enjoyed Goldeneye on his recently purchased Nintendo 64.
Rented sunshine, rented!

I'm not one to jump into a product straight after release. I like to try before I buy then have a little think about it.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Apr-13 21:38:41
Print Post

You miserable old git. There's no pleasing some people, is there? What more have Microsoft got to do for you? Not impressed by all those flashy colourful lights and such? wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to