Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-May-13 08:31:58
Print Post

Shopto.net refusing to stock COD Ghosts.

[link to this post]

Interesting Read

And personally based on the last few i could not give a dam and love Shopto.net stance on Activision and there strict guidelines for release dates and e/retailers.

Its obvious they could not send out all of these games on a Monday and hope the post office delivers in time for Tuesday release date,yes i use shopto and on most occasions get games a day early but never COD or a few other Big Budget titles.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 08-May-13 09:23:12
Print Post

Re: Shopto.net refusing to stock COD Ghosts.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I kind of agree with Activision on this one, even though I hate them. If you're going to buy from an online shop then you take the chance that it may not turn up on time, the benefit of going to a retail shop is that you can have the product in your hand there and then and walk away with it. If Activision said "yea go on then, you can send it a week earlier" and sell it cheaper because you have no overheads then why would anyone go to Game / Gamestation or any other retailer to buy the game?

It is bad for the high street that e-tailers can already sell so cheap, the only thing going for retailers these days is staff expertise & knowledge and the fact that the customer can see the product in the flesh and buy it there and then if they want it.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-May-13 10:10:47
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

You make some good points Jaxx. I guess it's all about making some quick cash and that's the first priority.

It's telling there's no gameplay trailer yet, well, maybe. I don't know if Infinity Ward even know what a new game engine looks like so I'm pretty sceptical the game won't just be yet another rehash. But we'll have to wait and see.

Having read ShopTo's reasoning, I can see it's not that much of a gamble to them if indeed they make all their money (which seems a bit sad/short sighted) on pre-orders. Nobody understands patience then? A good game is still a good game a week later, especially if you haven't yet played it and had the chance to become bored. Though I suppose Battlefield/COD is different as people like to hurry and level up super fast so they have an edge on other players.

Oh yeah, the Tuesday/Friday thing...

Edited by SPOOKish (Wed 08-May-13 10:11:18)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-May-13 17:40:43
Print Post

I don't understand why anyone would bother buying it, just the same old [censored] rehashed into a new cash cow

I never understand why people pay full price for games at high street stores.
I almost went into town to buy a game, but it was late so I probably wouldn't have made it so decided to order it online instead, next morning it arrived, was cheaper and I didn't have to venture into my town which is filled with strange scary looking freaks most of the time :/

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Edited by Lt_Swan (Wed 08-May-13 17:44:40)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-May-13 21:24:25
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I still enjoy it and don't give a monkeys if it isn't innovative. I knows what I likes and I likes what I know. A lot of the COD slagging is just pretentious opinion.

I liken it to the missus. I wouldn't stop sleeping with her just because it isn't innovative any more. When I want innovative, I pop round to her sister's. wink cool
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-May-13 00:13:11
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Nice one matey wink

Tell Swanny apparently the new COD has finally got a new engine........And its not Thomas the tank like Battlefields tongue

If we gave Swanny as much grief about his beloved Battlefield he would be crying in his soup,i agree that the last few years we have not advanced since Modern Warfare and it has become stale to say the least,i wont be jumping in head first this year until i see conclusive proof and outstanding review scores.

If the playstation 4 ships then Watchdogs,Killzone,Destiny are far more important to me than any Cod game

Edited by time2die (Thu 09-May-13 00:16:13)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-May-13 10:30:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Tell Swanny apparently the new COD has finally got a new engine........And its not Thomas the tank like Battlefields tongue

If we gave Swanny as much grief about his beloved Battlefield he would be crying in his soup,i agree that the last few years we have not advanced since Modern Warfare and it has become stale to say the least,i wont be jumping in head first this year until i see conclusive proof and outstanding review scores.

Good news about the new engine, there is hope then.
As for BF3 I still enjoy it and don't give a monkeys if it isn't innovative. I knows what I likes and I likes what I know. wink

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-May-13 11:24:31
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
In reply to a post by time2die:

Good news about the new engine, there is hope then.
As for BF3 I still enjoy it and don't give a monkeys if it isn't innovative. I knows what I likes and I likes what I know. wink

Ha ha. Nice one! Must be a lot of Popeye fans here methinks... wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-May-13 18:06:48
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Ugh ugh ugh ugh!
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-May-13 18:25:23
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Poop poop! tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to