Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-May-13 22:13:49
Print Post

Wishful thinking

[link to this post]

Why donít PC and console gamers shut up, shake hands, and play nice for a generation or two?

Quite an informative article though.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-May-13 17:09:31
Print Post

Re: Wishful thinking

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Cheers that was good. I'll be going back to PC gaming if sony bring in the facial recognition BS

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-May-13 18:22:25
Print Post

Yeah, I read that too. It was a splendid and most stimulating read. It does kind of beg the question, what real difference is there between the PS4, Xbox 720 (Infinity) and PCs? Control method I guess. All us PC users are still gonna get poorly ported controls though hopefully, the savings made in development will mean they can spends more time on getting it right. Yeah, right. That'll be the day.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-May-13 20:06:53
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

The PS4 needn't be an anchor and should reduce the need for ports. I hope PC will end up as lead platform to begin with. That way the PS4 should be able to near match them graphically for a couple or three years. And by them, I mean good current graphics cards, not 600 quid a pop high end units. By the time the average PC evolves beyond that point, developers should have grasped the full potential of the PS4 and will hopefully be making top notch exclusives to keep it in touch with, even if not equal to PCs.

I think it's a good thing for the PC platform overall and I think people are underestimating this new era of unified architecture. It will be interesting when it arrives for PC (next year I think I remember reading?) with the possibility for far larger RAM configurations, though development cost may then become of far greater impedance to graphical innovation.

This all depends of course on the new Xbox not being a damp squib and dragging all the other platforms down with it. Hopefully it will be powerful enough to share the workload, if not the polish.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-May-13 20:09:46
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I still haven't read anything about this facial recognition thing. Have you got a link? I've read about the always online rumours for Microsoft, but may have missed anything regarding Sony.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-May-13 20:16:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
Cheers that was good. I'll be going back to PC gaming if sony bring in the facial recognition BS

Yeah your playstation 4 will more than likely blow a fuse and short circuit once it gets your face recognition wink.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-May-13 20:22:33
Print Post

Should you not be concentrating on getting yourself a Nintendo snes or something matey.

Roll on E3 and watch the disappointment on here and throughout Europe when Sony tell us once again it won't ship here until 2014.

Like I said in previous post,only Microsoft will force there hand and make them do a worldwide launch,Microsoft can do it in the space of a few weeks apart so why not Sony.

Sony announced first and come May 21st and Microsoft reveal will be the decider,if they do and I expect them to release the 720 this year [not that I care] then Sony will have no alternative unless they want to be last to the party again and many Sony supporters might not be so Keen to wait for Sony console and indeed go for the Microsoft unit.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 11:16:28
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:

Yeah your playstation 4 will more than likely blow a fuse and short circuit once it gets your face recognition wink.

Remember to put your teeth in when you first set up facial recognition wink

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-May-13 12:47:31
Print Post

I aint got no teeth wink
  Print Thread

Jump to