Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-May-13 07:47:52
Print Post

Microsoft Reveal Tomorrow ..What do we expect ?

[link to this post]

So its Microsoft Turn to reveal a little bit about there plans for the new console tomorrow,on personal level I'm not excited if recent rumours and the way they are focussed on Multimedia functions,Kinect 2 ,and everything else besides Games.

I will watch the live stream in the evening just out of curiosity,hopefully what i have read over the past 12 months regarding the new console are just rumours and most is completely not true.

Normally i would be well excited at the reveal of a second generation console but sadly like i have stated in a previous topic i don't think this time around and based on what i have heard there will be any need to own each and everyone of them.

Even a New Halo [kids] or Forza has little appeal and they are going to have to come out with some amazing features or new IP that literally blow me away........And i don't see this happening.

If this always on function rumour turns out to be true then I'm thinking Microsoft have just handed the console war to Sony.

Edited by time2die (Mon 20-May-13 07:53:59)

Standard User NuttyMucker
(member) Mon 20-May-13 08:48:25
Print Post

Re: Microsoft Reveal Tomorrow ..What do we expect ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Like yourself I will also be watching more out of curiosity than excitement. The new COD I believe is being shown, but if its anything to go by BLOPS2 I wont be interested!

My biggest fear is the price of a new console and games to match. Are they going to be of superior quality to what they are now or is this going to be more of a stunt with future development really years away?

sorry if I have just repeated what you have already stated but ny views are exactly the same. It would be nice though to be completely blown away and look forward to the launch but I think I am getting to cynical in my age!

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Mon 20-May-13 09:24:39
Print Post

[re: NuttyMucker] [link to this post]

I think that the launch games will have to be some big names, gaming has came along so much in the last 7 or 8 years since the 360 that people will expect to see something massive to show off the talent of the machine..... not "Star Trek Into Darkness: The Game of the Movie" or something like that tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-May-13 09:34:57
Print Post

Hi Nutty,did not meet up on the new Gears mate as i quickly traded the game as it was not a patch on Gears 3 and there was no Horde mode included and a few online mode choices.

Still play Gears 3 but not as much and the only excitement i have for games at present is slowly diminishing,it will be a interesting watch I'm guessing and we will finally see which way Microsoft is going.

The 360 used to have some amazing exclusive games and new IP but sadly this is dwindling month by month when Sony have tons of stuff and Microsoft seem hell bent on self destruction and getting away from what a console should be foremost a gaming device and not a multi media streaming service with a lot of stuff that i have no interest in,i know others like the media functions but if you are a fully fledged sky subscribers i see little need for apps like Netflix,love film and all the other media stuff Microsoft seem to put into the dashboard.

My only hope is that when they do reveal tomorrow they confirm a world wide release date this year and hopefully this will convince Sony to do the same,as you know Sony have only said that the Playstation 4 will ship to in at least one region this year,and if you go by recent release history of previous Sony consoles then that wont be Europe and more than likely there weakest region for sales which is USA.

I also hope unlike Sony they show the console but im guessing that E3 will be where we get these pictures,Microsoft also need to make sure they don't release a product that over heats and has a terrible fail rate RROD like the previous rushed 360.

Normally it would be a no brainer for me and i would buy every next generation console that comes out, but from what i have seen and heard regarding Microsoft this wont be happening ,i have already shunned the Nintendo Wii U as i think its a total joke and Nintendo the once great Gaming company have well and truly shot themselves in the foot,not only is it underpowered and basically only on par with what we have at present,there is no 3rd party support and it has no decent games even worthy of a mention.

That system has been a total flop and i can see Nintendo going back to the drawing board and bringing something else out in the next 18 months.

What it should have had is a brand new Mario,Zelda,Metroid but it has not one single mind blowing game that would make you invest in it,besides it looks like a Black/White piece of plastic.

The Nintendo wii was huge but to me it was a gimmick and not a gamers machine,it interested the people that wanted a bit of fun occasionally and i dumped mine within months as the novelty wore of even after a few weeks.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-May-13 09:38:27
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

This is the point Jaxx i don't see anything that is going to convince me that there focus is games orientated.hope I'm wrong and they blow me away,not only with the specifications but games and new IPs that are are mind blowing
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-May-13 09:45:13
Print Post

The new Cod will be multi platform even though Microsoft pay for exclusivity of map packs for about a month.

The interesting rumour surround Cod In general is that of Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella,they apparently have a exclusive deal to make a COD game just for Microsofts new console.

As you know both where sacked by Activision and where the driving force behind Infinity Ward and have no set up Respawn Entertainment.
(member) Mon 20-May-13 10:29:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
The new Cod will be multi platform even though Microsoft pay for exclusivity of map packs for about a month.

The interesting rumour surround Cod In general is that of Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella,they apparently have a exclusive deal to make a COD game just for Microsofts new console.

As you know both where sacked by Activision and where the driving force behind Infinity Ward and have no set up Respawn Entertainment.

That would be nice if exclusive to Microsoft however the revenue that would be lost from PS3 sales would be too much unless MS are going to pay millions for the exclusive rights which of course would be passed to gamer. Would you pay £60 - £80 for a game and then pay extra for additional content - no thanks.

When Gears came out I was away working and by the time I got back I had read your posts and decided that it wasn't for me so thanks you saved me money smile

The Wii has not interested me in the slightest and never will so there never was going to be an option of buying one but read your posts with satisfaction that I still think Xbox is the better platform (I'm not trying to stir things just my own opinion)

As previously stated I will reserve judgement after tomorrow so fingers crossed some good will come from it lol

(member) Mon 20-May-13 10:31:01
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
I think that the launch games will have to be some big names, gaming has came along so much in the last 7 or 8 years since the 360 that people will expect to see something massive to show off the talent of the machine..... not "Star Trek Into Darkness: The Game of the Movie" or something like that tongue

Totally agree but will they?

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-May-13 12:19:26
Print Post

The last few years i have bought all Multi platform games on a 360 because you and me both know that they always get the best port and the playstation 3 has always suffered in comparison so i totally agree with your points regarding Microsoft and thats coming from a long Sony Supporter.

If you look at the Playstation 4 reveal you can see that Sony have learnt there lesson and this will not be the case for next generation consoles,and thats another reason why i only require just one of them and not all of them.

Developers have said how easy the playstation 4 is to develop for and that has to be great news as we will no longer see a inferior product compared to the 720 or whatever Microsoft name there new console.
(member) Mon 20-May-13 13:02:31
Print Post

Not wanting to sound as an xbox fan boy but I hope MS have taken on board what Sony have previously stated and that the xbox will be future proof for many years and still be a better console, but again time will only tell frown

I wont hold my breath

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to