Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-May-13 17:54:17
Print Post

Xbox Reveal ...Your after Show Thoughts In Here

[link to this post]

Any one with any comments regarding the presentation if you watched the live stream or what you have heard post in here.

Im not exactly that excited with just 7 minutes to go before the show smile

Lots of places steaming it like Ign.com Gametrailers,Now Gamer.

Edited by time2die (Tue 21-May-13 17:55:54)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-May-13 18:12:28
Print Post

Re: Xbox Reveal ...Your after Show Thoughts In Here

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

So its Called Xbox One With Voice Control Activation [whoopee Do] tongue

So the first 15 minutes stream its all about Multi Media features like Skype and ESPN not a single mention of a Game tongue

Mind you we have seen the console.......Looks like a large Black Brick ..

Right its finished.........tongue

No price announced.
No release date announced
No mention of the machine been always on [but im saying it will have to be]
33mins into the presentation before a mention of a game.

Reasons to buy one....Alan Wake developers Remedys new game Quantum Break.

Reasons not to buy one.........How long you got...........wink

I have seen nothing in this presentation that has me slightly excited about buying one,I will say the show focussed on multi media activities that looked very nice if your into that sort of stuff and the voice recognition was impressive.

But this is not a gaming machine Unlike Sony Playstation 4 and i feel Microsoft has lost there way

They did mention they have 15 brand new IPS in development and all coming out in the next 12 months,8 of them been brand new.

We saw the new Infinity Ward Call of Duty Ghost Premier,looked very nice on the new engine,not jaw dropping and this will also be on a Playstation 4.

Obviously Microsoft have pulled a card again and got exclusive downloadable content first on there platform for the future Cod Game.

I could not Guarantee i would not buy one eventually if things change,but i know where my moneys going at the end of the year and its not a Xbox One based on what i have seen

Oh and it has 8 gig of ram but they failed to mention what type unlike Sony with its GDR5 ,so sceptics are presuming its GDR3 on the aftershow.

Now talk of processor speed either ?

What do you guys think.......Impressed or underwhelmed like me tongue

Another thing.......Still going to charge for Xbox Live as there was no mention of dropping it,at present watching the ign.com after show where most of them are underwhelmed and have basically the same views as me and highlighted the fact not a single mention of a game until 35 minutes.

Playstation 4 = 1
Xbox One = 0

E3 for part 2 but personally i think in the coming days/ weeks this is not going to pan out over the internet in Microsofts favour and i feel most will feel that this presentation was not a patch on Sonys and I'm guessing a Sony HQ they must be popping Champaign wink

Edited by time2die (Tue 21-May-13 19:35:24)

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(committed) Tue 21-May-13 19:22:30
Print Post

Not impressed, really lost interest when they rolled the Hawk from EA out. Lost count of the "Connected" mention. Not a fan of CoD. However always prefer watching SC FI than playing one!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....

Edited by NilSatisOptimum (Tue 21-May-13 19:26:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-May-13 19:47:19
Print Post

Just seen the trailer for Ghosts, doesn't look that much different from current gen stuff - add to that the fact the trailers always make the game look better than what they actually are. However, it looks like they've added a dog, so maybe we will see dog DLC tongue

Other than that, the new Xbox and the PS4 have just about mustered a "meh". Social gaming isn't really my thing, but then again, not many games recently have even really pipped my fancy. The last time either my PS3 or XBox 360 were switched on for gaming was around xmas time. I think my Megadrive and Snes have been on more since then smile

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-May-13 21:01:55
Print Post

More about the dog in COD.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-May-13 21:06:40
Print Post

Indifferent. Not going to rush to purchase either. Would far rather drink champagne than put down cash on them until the software starts to match up to the hype.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-May-13 21:12:01
Print Post

Well I though it was going to be in the evening US time, i.e. something like mid-night in the UK ... so missed it.

... probably a good thing.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-May-13 21:45:37
Print Post

Looks like a cheap DVR
Skype yeah and everyother device already does that
Will Kinetic work in a smaller room, i.e. terrace lounge with not much light?
CoD Ghosts some nice effects but need to see decent HD footage to be sure. The environment changes may excite CoD but have had stuff like that in BF series for a while.
The persistent worlds idea, if it works well could allow for really large games - maybe

Will I buy one, probably but only if price is right and games show a significant UP in wow factor compared to 360. Once into gameplay you don't notice the textures when its a quick game.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-May-13 22:11:27
Print Post

Didn't watch the show live but this article offers a nice little round up of some of the major selling features of the new Xbox.

Points of note for me:

• 8x faster than previous Xbox (is that all?!) - processing power doubles every 18 months or something, Moore's Law. How long has it been?
  • Cloud based processing (for future) - hence always on requirement - good bandwidth and solid connection required for games rendering. Maybe Mr Toad will see his server side anti-cheat system come to fruition?
  • Voice activated channel changing (dubya tee eff?) - I wonder if it can distinguish between daddies and mummies and their kids?
  • 500GB HDD - games must be installed but support for blu ray disc media (long potentially very long install times then!)
  • Force feedback - added to the joystick things for fingers. Um??
  • Larger than before - but far more silently running (hopefully they've learned from before RROD).
  • No price - everyone's hoping it'll be priced aggressively (ie - cheaper).
  • Release date - end of this year (but is that in the EU too?) AMD are gonna be VERY busy!

Games, games and games? What games? COD Ghosts looks good but there doesn't seem to be any environmental destructability? Well, just some logs falling and things. The fish are now afraid of you. Woo. And there's an interactive mutt as a pal. I wonder if you can play as the dog?

Did anyone see the Quantum Break game then? Any good? crazy

Edited by SPOOKish (Tue 21-May-13 22:15:16)

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-May-13 22:24:52
Print Post

And they are going to take a scoop from the 2nd hand market, apparently there is going to be a fee to play 2nd hand games, so t2d you'll probably be offered even less on your trade-ins' I reckon.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to