Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-May-13 20:57:15
Print Post

COD: Ghosts Reveal Trailer

[link to this post]

Actual gameplay rather than strange masks:

http://youtu.be/Zxnx3W-HA18

Timey will be wetting himself. laugh
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-May-13 23:47:14
Print Post

Re: COD: Ghosts Reveal Trailer

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

And Sony will be doing Gambols
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-May-13 23:51:34
Print Post

Was in the presentation mate after the initial chitty chat and Multi Media [censored] that filled the show.

Now if there was no Sky Hd Players in the World and No Blu Ray dvd players and they wanted to stream fantastic satellite television through your new Xbox One we would all be singing it praises.

Someone tell Microsoft we already got this stuff will ya tongue

Oh and its got Skype.........Yippee .......I kind of remember having that 10 years ago. tongue

And another thing that will get you really excited..........When you play a game [yeah they did show one new one eventually] you can say watch wheel of fortune and it will put that television program on..........Fantastic......Genius............How about that for a Gaming console.........Take that Sony smile

This has to be music to Sony ears and I'm calling Game Over for Microsoft based on this show,only support in the USA will keep this lame duck in the gaming market and if this is what they think we want then they are barking up the wrong tree and the negativity surrounding this presentation is all over the internet and on every gaming site some 4 hours later.

Cod Ghosts looked ok.......Am i excited No......Because i have become somewhat tired of this game.

Edited by time2die (Wed 22-May-13 00:00:27)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-May-13 00:38:24
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Too funny. laugh

MS being American, I can see there's a definite bias on the living room entertainment side of things and I bet that won't translate too well to us poor Europeans with small lounges either.

You make me laugh though - yeah, I can imagine. Xbox. Turn the channel over to something decent... click click click. Malfunction. OMG. It's UK terrestrial broadcast and it's DAYTIME! Or a Saturday. Shudder.

Well, I quite liked the look of COD Ghosts from a graphics level but we need to see proper gameplay. I'm not convinced they know what they're doing any more, they've been in the rehash market far too long. We'll see though.
Standard User kamelion
(experienced) Wed 22-May-13 00:45:49
Print Post

I think its not being marketed at 30 or 40 something gamers but rather as an all in one solution for the kids' bedrooms. The wii has it pretty much sewn up for family entertainment, the PS will be for the die hard gamers so M$ is trying to fill a niche.

BeUnlimited
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,273 / 21,442
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-May-13 06:54:14
Print Post

[re: kamelion] [link to this post]

30-40 years too early. I think integration is the new tech industry buzzword and probably rightfully so. It's just years too early. Given time, voice controlled room projection technology blah blah blah, will be the norm. But until it really does act like the ships computer in sci fi movies, I doubt it will float many boats.

Old man time called it right, it could end up like the Wii U and struggle early on. The gaming may be close enough to the PS4 as to not make a difference to the casuals, but from a blingy "must have" marketing perspective, Sony really will be rubbing their hands together.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-May-13 07:04:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Well, I quite liked the look of COD Ghosts from a graphics level but we need to see proper gameplay. I'm not convinced they know what they're doing any more, they've been in the rehash market far too long. We'll see though.
I thought it looked ok and some of the effects looked promising, but the story sounds akin to the latest fad of ghost warrior type stealth/FPS crossover games.

From what we have already seen, I think Sony exclusive titles may well make it look limited and other games such as Deep Down already look leagues ahead of Ghosts visually.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-May-13 08:27:08
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Now if you run a Huge Billion Dollar Company then obviously you should keep a breast of whats happening in the Media after your presentation........After all Microsoft thats what Your Xbox One is......A Media device.

Wont take you more than a few seconds in Google to find out that what you have given your Xbox Fans is not what they were expecting and boy its going to hurt you financially and its way to late to change what you have done.

Did you guys see the console,was it a ugly looking square thing or what ?

Now to me and the way both marketing presentations went were like so.

Playstation 4........Gaming Machine with Multi Media functions.
Xbox One ........Multi Media Machine.......With Gaming options.......Eventually.

Basically from Microsofts Point............A PR DISASTER ......The damage is done and only some Amazing News a E3 can give them a little bit of promise back and personally i don't think we are going to see some.

I have no interest in this Console and for the first time in the Next Generation i will require just One Console and it isn't the Xbox One.

Edited by time2die (Wed 22-May-13 08:34:11)

Print Thread

Jump to