Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-May-13 10:27:42
Print Post

The negativity surrounding the new Xbox One.....

[link to this post]

Put any funny and negative video in here.

Negativity

And just for the record I am not a Sony supporter because every multi platform game I have bought during the last 3 years was for the 360 as it was a gamers machine with the best version.

So Microsoft have had quite a lot of my money,but they won't be getting anymore based on last nights show .tongue

Edited by time2die (Wed 22-May-13 10:32:12)

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-May-13 12:01:13
Print Post

Re: The negativity surrounding the new Xbox One.....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

The only money Microsoft get from me is from Windows 8...

Follow me on Twitter. Now with plusnet
Approx 73Mbps download/18Mbps upload
My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-May-13 13:23:42
Print Post

Bajam! Big fall for Microsoft in convincing gamers they've created a new games machine and not a htpc that happens to play games. Good video.

Loved the Angry Joe rant btw. Definitely agree it's the end of the 'advantage' for MS, at least until they retract the secondhand installation fee and try and match Sony for online value. Blocking mates from borrowing games is just stupid: MS would be better to create an e-book lending system for games if they wanted to merely make more money from secondhand sales. That one aspect alone spells disaster for MS' PR dept as surely, we'll be seeing more of what the console is capable of (for gaming) come E3?

Looks like MS are too much in bed with EA, hence the complete lack of innovation regarding what the have to offer so far in new gaming IP. Just rehashes and American sports like NFL, baseball, hockey and the like which are only played competitively in 'America'. Always too US centric. I bet the emphasis on TV will only work well with US based services too. But I still think it's about the future evolution though agree it's probably half a generation or so too soon when gamers are screaming for a graphically enhanced gaming experience not box of tricks for tv and films.

There really isn't that much difference as far as games potential goes between the new Xbox and a PC, they even lookalike. If your games are going to forever be tied to your account you might as well stick with Steam, at least you can always download them again and you have more than 500GBs of space. PC is the way forward! wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 22-May-13 14:00:58
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yea I have to say I am surprised at the lack of gaming content around the Xbox it's all based on the TV services. As an entertainment hub it seems like a great little device, but I also want more power from it. It looks so ugly as well, what were they thinking? Everyone these days wants technology that is powerful but is also aesthetically pleasing, your TV is pretty much the focal point of modern day living rooms, this box will look very ugly beneath it.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-May-13 14:02:18
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Jaxx at some stage during this thread will probably say that I keep repeating myself ,but I'm totally gob smacked at the complete lack of support for who made the Xbox 360 in the first place.

The hardcore gamer,the one who will be outside the shop for hours for a midnight launch,the guy that buys the majority of games and the people that buy the console on day 1 and are never bothered about cost.

This was a brilliant chance to go head to head with the playstation 4 reveal and they totally [censored] it up Big time

I don't even think they mentioned the words game machine,like you said Spook how will all this tv even work outside of the USA and do we actually care.

There is no way on earth this will be the console of choice for gamers,and like I said Sony must have had the biggest after show party because Microsoft should have shown a Games Machine and not a giant ugly looking VCR with voice recognition and Kinnect 2.

Totally not interested,and I would rarther buy a Nintendo WIi U and that's desperate wink

Epic Fail in every way possible and only a fool could defend this presentation based on what it was suppose to serve ......Games.....it's suppose to be a [censored] game console for Gods sake

Edited by time2die (Wed 22-May-13 16:37:41)

Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Wed 22-May-13 15:38:36
Print Post

I think you are getting ahead of your self. This was a hardware reveal. and reveal they did. The games will come in two weeks time at E3 - then I will decide if its worth it.

I think the fact that it runs a variant of hyper-v and 3 OS's is awesome, couple that with offloading some compute to the cloud makes judging how this will turn out quite tricky.

Writing off a console on a limited reveal is nonsense.

Edited by huwwatkins (Wed 22-May-13 15:39:17)

Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Wed 22-May-13 15:51:29
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

And just to emphasise how much MS and EA are in bed they bring out the offloading some computing to the cloud chestnut.

Given that was totally shot down with SimCity yet MS still want to tout the same rubbish.

And as for the hardware this looks jaded already, I know this is being built to a price point but given that this may used for the next 5-7 years this looks jaded already compared to what they could have built it from.

To be honest the hardware reveal was a tiny tiny part of it they were obsessing about it's media capabilites and the only game mentioned was COD and how we will get a doggy.

There will be very little else at E3 about games i expect, MS are heading away from games and trying to compete with Smart TV's and set top boxes.

It is odd they are trying to compete with tablets and phones with Win 8 and now with media centers and smart TV's where there is lots of competition. If they stuck to their core markets and pushed home some killer products they would be ok but they seem to have lost major focus in the last three years trying to be something to everybody and thus not being attractive to anybody.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-May-13 16:45:26
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

You must work for Microsoft,it's suppose to be about Gaming and if anything this is where there presentation should have focused ,E3 they could have gone on about there multimedia functions which is what the Xbox One is....A multimedia Gadget with little to do with games.

And come E3 mate I doubt you will be still singing its praises,you must be one of only a few people that actually think what they have put on the table is decent.

They talked about there Kinnect and voice control and NFL and all the other American sports games nobody gives a dam about outside of America .

This is not a Gaming machine in any shape or form,add to that they are going to charge for someone else to play a used game,that's if there is any ?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-May-13 16:51:09
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

Nicely put mate and I could not agree more,I love my games like millions of other people and nothing would have made me happier than Microsoft presentation blowing me away with a great looking console and some must have games....I saw neither.

But on a a positive note they have just saved me a load of money and a massive glass shelf space on my media stand in the lounge ,I would normally fit 3 items on each shelf but it looks like the Xbox One needs the whole shelf just for itself ,and it looks like the glass shelf will have to be a inch of plated armoured glass to house it tongue
Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Wed 22-May-13 17:16:43
Print Post

I say something good about Microsoft therefore I must work for them? Not sure how that works?

I will admit that in the first 5 minutes I was quite impressed with the fast app switching etc but but after that it got a bit boring. I wish they had showed more games but we will see them in due course.

As for me not singing its praises after E3 - do you know something I don't? I don't see how you can judge the Xbox one after a reveal like this, same goes for the PS4.

I still believe Microsoft as a software company will have the edge when it comes to the software side of things. Being able to leverage tech from their enterprise division just goes to show that.

Edited by huwwatkins (Wed 22-May-13 17:23:53)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to