Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 25-May-13 20:54:35
Print Post

Interesting half time champions league ad...

[link to this post]

There was suppose to be a Playstation 4 add during the half time add break in the champion league match at wembley according to Sony about a month ago.

What we actually got was a Call of Duty Ghosts add and at the end on Xbox One,not that I care for Cod games in general anymore but have they stole some of the suppose Sony limelight and what happened to the Sony add confirmed for tonight by Sony themselves.

Xbox One.......I can not get over the stupid name,the last bit is right because as Angry joe in his video said it does one thing......Play Television .

For those that have not watched his video you must check out his rant about Xbox One and Microsoft as a corporation,I have watched it about 10 times and each time it's just as hilarious.

Just check out YouTube and put in angry joe rant ......so true and yet extremely funny at the same time ......classic stuff.

Angry joe epic fail

EDIT

Unless Sony mean this

Edited by time2die (Sat 25-May-13 21:00:11)

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 28-May-13 09:19:23
Print Post

Re: Interesting half time champions league ad...

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I don't think the name is so bad, it's a new generation of consoles so it's the Xbox One, it's starting again. It's no worse than the PS4, not very original from either of them really but PS4 have not had to innovate for the past 3 consoles tongue It's better than Xbox 720 I hated that name.

Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Tue 28-May-13 11:19:15
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
I don't think the name is so bad, it's a new generation of consoles so it's the Xbox One, it's starting again. It's no worse than the PS4, not very original from either of them really but PS4 have not had to innovate for the past 3 consoles tongue It's better than Xbox 720 I hated that name.

Actually it is a pretty stupid name given the past naming of the playstation. When the PlayStation was relaunched in a new case after the PS2 came out it was renamed the PSOne.

Now in the minds of the average consumer it may look like that this is what MS is doing and rebadging an earlier console.

It can only cause confusion and the fact that the MS marketers don't even seem to know or care what has gone on in the marketplace before seems to confirm that they are operating in a ivory tower with no real grip on what the market is doing.

If they wanted names how about revolution, or evolution or any other name that wasn't a number if they were not going down the numbering route when the 360 was announced.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Tue 28-May-13 12:43:01
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

I think most consumers will have long forgotten about the PSOne. More likely they might be wondering why its named after a phone (HTC One)
(member) Tue 28-May-13 13:55:48
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

You would think so but my wife mentioned it when she heard the name and the only thing she does with gaming is that she uses her laptop mainly for freecell.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 28-May-13 14:13:12
Print Post

I disagree, I didn't even consider the PS One when I saw the name. I also think that anyone spending money on a console will do their research and will know it's not just the Xbox 360 rebadged, especially with all the hype around this and the PS4.

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 28-May-13 14:15:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by undecidedadrian:
You would think so but my wife mentioned it when she heard the name and the only thing she does with gaming is that she uses her laptop mainly for freecell.

So she isn't really an average consumer then because she is never going to use the product. Anyone who is going to use the console will know it's something new, I think your wife was just trying to show a small bit of interest in an otherwise uninteresting hobby to her wink

Edited by Jaxx281 (Tue 28-May-13 14:15:53)

(member) Tue 28-May-13 14:20:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
In reply to a post by undecidedadrian:

So she isn't really an average consumer then because she is never going to use the product. Anyone who is going to use the console will know it's something new, I think your wife was just trying to show a small bit of interest in an otherwise uninteresting hobby to her wink

Given that at the reveal that all the MS said was TV, Sports, COD and Halo TV show. MS are targeting her as somebody to come and use the multimedia parts of the system.

What they seem to be ignoring is the core gaming market and heading off and making a MS TV box that plays some games. That is smart TV, Sky Box territory and something very different to the Xbox 360.

Mind you if half the stuff coming out about the Xbone is true then all I can see for any consumer is Pay, pay, pay......
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 28-May-13 14:27:00
Print Post

Oh yea don't get me wrong I am hugely disappointed with the Xbox reveal, as a massive fan of the 360 since they first came out I have always defended it and said it was the superior console over the PS3... I just didn't think the name was that bad!

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 28-May-13 15:50:56
Print Post

And i agree it was superior in most ways to the Playstation 3 but mainly because it always seemed to have the better version of any multi platform game and a better Online service which in all honestly is expected given it costs £40 a year to play.

I have favoured the Xbox 360 for many years but I'm not buying anything Microsoft after this poor reveal,even E3 can not save them in my eyes and i have completely lost faith in all what they are and all what they do.

They are a greedy cash cow corporation who have not got the slightest clue what made the xbox360 and previous xbox consoles as big as they are.........GAMERS.

Do they really think the average Joe blogs and family will be pre/ordering there console or will be in line at a Midnight launch,do people actually care about all about all these media functions this Xbox One does when we have it all already on Mobile phones/tablets,take into consideration outside of the USA most of these functions wont even work and the likes of anybody outside of America cares for NFL.

There is no going back this reveal was a total PR disaster and this will reflect on Xbox One sales regardless of E3 and what they show.

I am so disgusted that i have carefully mulled over the games coming out this year before the next generation launch and have come to the conclusion the Xbox 360 can now be sold/traded at Blockbusters because there is is little out for it this year and what there is can be bought on a Playstation 3 which will also get traded in the coming months in preparation for the Playstation 4 which hopefully will get a confirmed release date for Europe at E3 this year.

Sony biggest mistake now would be not to go worldwide this year,Europe is massive and far more important than the likes of just the USA.See just reading recent articles like This makes my skin crawl and you can see what direction there focus is,take into consideration i watch television as it is on my Samsung Smart TV with Sky hd as a side package.

This is not a Gaming console no matter how anyone tries to dress it up,they are after a completely different market share and like the previous poster said it will be full to the brim with subscribe to this Subscribe to that,pay for extra this and pay for extra that.........Joke tongue

Edited by time2die (Tue 28-May-13 16:00:51)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to