Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jun-13 06:44:22
Print Post

SOLD

[link to this post]

PS4 - this year in the UK with a 500 gig HD for £349-00. No used game restrictions and includes a free game for existing PS+ subscribers.

Good luck Microsoft.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Jun-13 07:58:53
Print Post

Re: SOLD

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Got up this morning and tried in vain to find the full conference but only seem to be able to find certain tit bits,sort of got a live stream but it seems to start half way through the show.

Seen the Playstation 4 reveal and it looks like a nice sleek sexy beast unlike the Brick of the xbox one,what i can gather at the moment and i will watch the Jack Tretton speech in a moment that it has no real restrictions.

Price point of £349 has undercut Microsoft,same hard drive space 500g but not bundled with Playstation eye which does not concern me really at present.

Only negativity surrounding it i can gather is Playstation Plus is required to play multiplayer games online which i could see this coming anyway,in other words its a similar deal to xbox live and a subscription based online service.

More stuff as i watch clips throughout the day.........Not actually seen a release date in Europe or anywhere else as i watch various clips.

RIP ...Microsoft..............Dreamcast here you come..tongue

Another 2 nails in Microsoft Coffin

Sorry Mrnelster i see your link also highlighted Microsoft death of the Xbox One.wink

Bill gates must be getting quite a few p45s at the ready because whoever came up with there xbox one restriction policy knows nothing about games or gamers.........

Edited by time2die (Tue 11-Jun-13 08:51:15)

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(committed) Tue 11-Jun-13 08:58:25
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Pre ordered some weeks back, so feeling smug with myself. As for Microsoft it would do well not to be like a Apple as they end up looking like a lemon.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Jun-13 11:26:44
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

Preordered mine as soon as the Playstation 4 reveal in Feb,i have been a avid supporter of Xbox 360 last few years but Microsoft to me have treated the true gaming public appallingly and they do not deserve any respect or sales of there new Xboxone.

Sony have done what Gamers wanted and done a complete reversal of what Microsoft have done with there machine,I'm convinced Microsoft thought Sony would take the same route with the restrictions and trading of games and they have well and truly been nailed.

Its unbelievable to think that Microsoft never retracted any of there stupid ideas after there May Conference and the backlash that got from Gamers on the internet and the negative articles and press from most if not all gaming media websites.

Im also convinced that the people responsible for this grand idea will be treading on egg shells during the coming days/weeks unless this was the Big Man himself idea.

Obviously Microsoft need hardened Gamers working for them with there brighter ideas of what makes a success ,try as i might i can not find one single reason to support the Xbox One and i say to everyone that loves gaming do not support what Microsoft is doing and do not purchase a Xbox One for the sake of gaming,developers,retail shops and a hole host of other obvious reasons.

Im also convinced that in the coming weeks Microsoft may have to take a about turn and change a few things if its not to late.

Seems to me Microsoft have played russian roulette ,only this time there seems like 6 bullets in the chamber and not one tongue
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Jun-13 17:23:03
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Seems to me Microsoft have played russian roulette ,only this time there seems like 6 bullets in the chamber and not one tongue

laugh Dum dum rounds at that. wink

In reply to a post by time2die:
Obviously Microsoft need hardened Gamers working for them

The average 8 year old would have done a better job. They should just hire some of them instead.
Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Tue 11-Jun-13 17:40:55
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

It seems that MS has a complete adversion to money at the moment as it seems that they don't want me to give it to them.

Win 8, Surface, Xbox one.

It seems to be a complete allergy to money.

MS has never liked to admit it has got things wrong and I can still see them try and push ahead with the teenage boys FPS set and the sheep hoping they get enough sales not to look stupid.

As for me I am now looking at a PS4 and upping my lovefilm sub for game rentals.

Edited by undecidedadrian (Tue 11-Jun-13 17:41:17)

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jun-13 19:14:55
Print Post

No one is batting an eye lid at the PS+ required for Multiplayer?

Did they say what they would do to make it worth this subscription or did they bring it about because they could?
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jun-13 20:23:52
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gzero:
No one is batting an eye lid at the PS+ required for Multiplayer?

I don't think that's good at all but I'm not going to get a ps 4 tongue

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jun-13 20:39:02
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

I don't have a problem with that as I am already a PS+ subscriber. I think it's really good value to be honest. I've had probably 10 games from them this year. Someone with more time to spend and a broader preference, would probably have had even more value from it.

And I'd personally rather pay than face a certain future of free 2 play.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Jun-13 22:56:48
Print Post

Not going to decide on which console as yet.

Would like to know which of the whizzy features actually work outside the US first.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to