Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Jun-13 00:58:32
Print Post

A star Is Born....

[link to this post]

Bring it on Sony
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jun-13 05:38:00
Print Post

Re: A star Is Born....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'm loving what's on the inside of the PS4 and the new controller (though some more force feedback in the joystick things like Xbone would've been nice) but it's kind of retro looking (a la PS2) innit? Meaning, it's a bit ugly but in a nice sort of way. Definitely an improvement on the original PS3 breadbin design but still, it's not much better than the Xbox One in its looks.

Not meaning to be too negative either, but I've been reading that Sony have been a little sly with their statements about not barring used games and suchlike, they've essentially handed over responsibility to games publishers as to what kinds of restrictions they want to put in place when trading in games etc. But as commenters have said it will be a very brave (or very greedy) publisher who's first to charge a secondhand fee but something tells me there are so many ways to get more money it won't be long. First one to charge, EA or Ubisoft? The bets are on!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Jun-13 08:54:01
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

No it don't look like the VCR Xbox One and has far more style,more power and is actually smaller.

There are no restrictions on The Playstation 4 so stop making excuses get online and get ordering.wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astateoftrance
(regular) Fri 14-Jun-13 09:40:57
Print Post

Yep, there is no doubt that PS4 is the console for me next gen. I watched the E3 conference and was impressed, they seem to understand that the main purpose of the machine is for gaming. This is the console for gamers. £349 is a great price as well.

Only negative was the need for PS+ to play online. Not a problem for me personally as I am already a subscriber and think its fantastic value but its more the idea of it.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jun-13 10:50:49
Print Post

It's fugly

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Derisive
(learned) Fri 14-Jun-13 11:59:44
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
First one to charge, EA or Ubisoft? The bets are on!

Obviously EA, they couldn't care less about their, or even the entire gaming community. Ubisoft, to me atleast, seem very professional and showed off some amazing games at E3 (Watch Dogs, The Division, Splinter Cell, Assassins Creed and then there is the games that they haven't developed themselves but are still publishing)

In reply to a post by astateoftrance:
I watched the E3 conference and was impressed, they seem to understand that the main purpose of the machine is for gaming.

+1

Read so many reviews with complains/MS Bashing about how they are too focused on creating a media system and not a games console.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Jun-13 13:50:23
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

And they managed to slip that Playstation Plus Subscription in without anyone batting a eyelid,I'm a Playstation Plus subscriber since day one and it makes no difference to me either and i doubt that many will be that bothered as it was something i think most Playstation gamers thought was coming for a long time.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jun-13 15:10:13
Print Post

[re: Derisive] [link to this post]

Deleted by me because I didn't mean to post I was just testing out something tongue

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Edited by Lt_Swan (Fri 14-Jun-13 19:08:45)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 14-Jun-13 17:06:28
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Has anyone actually done a comparison of the quality of the games?

i.e. got hands on and been able to stare at the real screen, rather than guessing from scripted youtube clips

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jun-13 17:23:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Has anyone actually done a comparison of the quality of the games?

i.e. got hands on and been able to stare at the real screen, rather than guessing from scripted youtube clips
One looks awesome and the other looks great from 30,000 feet. Something to do with the clouds I heard.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to