Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Jun-13 13:46:01
Print Post

The Last Of us...6 hours in...No Spoilers

[link to this post]

Its difficult to put into words what a class act this game is having spent 6 hours playing it,most games cut scenes are skipped as i don't really care,but this beautifully made game you actually care about the characters and you want to watch and listen to everything that is seen which is throughly provoking and so interesting its a complete masterclass in what it takes to draw the gamer into such a unique Experience like no other game i have ever played in a long long time.

Graphically its superb with stunning environments and a story that keeps you gripped,set pieces will amaze and have you open mouthed looking at what you just witnessed.

The interaction between Joel and Ellie and the script is just so dam good it's rarely seen in a Video game that we play nowadays,voice acting is like a Hollywood AAA movie and whoever wrote the story wants a gigantic pat on the back along with all the guys that made this one in a lifetime game which quite frankly is my game equlivent to One of my favourite films of all time been The Green Mile.

Polygon the so called Gaming site gave it a score of 7.5 which was the lowest score a Gaming site has given this game,i say to that particular person........You know nothing about games and should retract this abysmal score.i think this game has in the region of 70 plus perfect scores and on Metacritic has a rank of 96% been one of the greatest games of this generation.

You owe it to yourself to play this game if you love a beautifully told story and depth like no other with breathtaking scenery and Gameplay that is superb.

Im basically struggling to think of the words to describe this Gem,what i will say is Naughty Dog we knew you were top developers with your Uncharted Games but not only have you topped that Franchise you have blown it away and created pure perfection of the highest order and I'm only half way through.

I was gripped from the moment i loaded the game and the more i see the more gripped i become.

Genius.......wink

Edited by time2die (Fri 14-Jun-13 18:22:43)

Standard User astateoftrance
(regular) Fri 14-Jun-13 14:36:16
Print Post

Re: The Last Of us...6 hours in...No Spoilers

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It looks amazing. I generally do not buy full priced games and PS+ has supplied me with way more games than I have time to play but I am very tempted to get this.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Jun-13 19:22:54
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Don't get tempted just take the plunge and I will personally guarantee you will love this roller coaster ride of a game.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Fri 14-Jun-13 20:15:57
Print Post

Or wait a few months once everyone has traded in or pick it up cheap in a sale.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jun-13 20:49:21
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
Or wait a few months once everyone has traded in or pick it up cheap in a sale.

That's my plan laugh

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
(regular) Fri 14-Jun-13 20:52:11
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Probably what I will end up doing also as games drop in price so fast.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jun-13 21:11:07
Print Post

Ankle weights are finally in bed, time for some serious TLOU action.

Cheese and onion pastie....check
Salt and vinegar chipsticks....check
Coca Cola (symbol of free west)...check
Lion Bar 3 pack....check

Right, lets have it..... smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Jun-13 18:00:11
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Only [censored] games like Alien Colonial marines drop in price quickly,there is no need to drop the price of a game when it has 110 perfect scores on Metacritic ,take the Cod Franchise how much does that drop in price,hardly ever as its still a full priced game 8 months later.

The only reason to drop game prices is poor reviews and poor game sales and The Last Of Us has neither and it's the best game of the Playstation 3 generation
(regular) Sat 15-Jun-13 19:34:17
Print Post

You are right about COD but thats probably because it is primarily a multiplayer game. Most games do drop in price quickly, even very good ones.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Jun-13 20:00:43
Print Post

FC3 is now £18 and TR is £20 in sainsburys
The last of us is £40 at the mo and will be down soon tongue

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to