Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Jun-13 22:26:17
Print Post

XBone :-)

[link to this post]

Seems like M$ have back tracked on their initial plans. I applaud them for listening to their fan base, but is it enough to beat the PS4 now?

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Jun-13 22:35:45
Print Post

Re: XBone :-)

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

Haha looks like too little too late to me laugh

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Jun-13 22:36:57
Print Post

Wow. A humiliating climb down thats gotta hurt, but fair play for doing the right think eventually.

I'm guessing the big publishers have probably driven this decision.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Wed 19-Jun-13 22:44:37
Print Post

Like all things with MS it is all "subject to change" and given that how that they completely mis-read their core market I cannot trust them to suddenly drop the nice guy act and suddenly introduce all the same stuff down the line.

So I am still sticking with PS4 plus the PC and MS can go jump.

MS as a company is almost pathological when admitting to mistakes so I can assume that there was a huge drop off in pre-orders which gave them the jitters.

Amazon.co.uk saw the regular Xbone drop out of the top 30 in the last day or so.

Edited by undecidedadrian (Wed 19-Jun-13 22:45:43)

Standard User NuttyMucker
(member) Wed 19-Jun-13 23:10:06
Print Post

That's good to hear as I was devastated with the initial announcement.

I will consider pre ordering. PS4 isn't an option as my friends are on xbox and they are determined to stay no matter what MS do!

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Jun-13 00:27:06
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Only a Company of Fools would have gone with what they first offered and i applaud them for there climb down but dumb ass attitude.

This has been done directly to compete with the likes of The Playstation 4 that was all but hammering the xbox one into the ground,but like adrian says they can stick there xbox one where the sun don't shine because they have already showed there true intentions and can not be trusted.

Whats from stopping them changing there minds once the xbox one has shipped to the many millions that will now support it because of this announcement.

It was a Stupid Idiotic idea in the first place and the people responsible should be fired because they know Jack [censored] about games and gamers.

Since the xbox one is basically a Media device its pretty obvious if they actually listen to the feedback from there supporters and the media then they would see it was in a massive turmoil and the campaign against it was growing buy the hour with twitter,Facebook,gaming sites all condemning what they had chosen to do.

Its good that they have changed there policy but its to little to late and because they thought this was a grand idea in the first place they have more than likely lost quite a few million customers already regardless of there about turn.

besides that there is very little on the xbox one that interests me and the playstation 4 has a lot more to offer and better exclusives.
Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Thu 20-Jun-13 08:45:29
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
the playstation 4 has a lot more to offer and better exclusives.

This is rather subjective. There wasn't too many PS4 exclusives that caught my eye apart from maybe Driveclub where as the XB1 had about 3-4 that looked interesting to me.
Standard User hypertony
(committed) Thu 20-Jun-13 10:35:44
Print Post

amazon.com has XBoxOne as the 'best selling' for pre-orders and has been on the #1 spot for the past 11 days.

So I think it will do well...

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Thu 20-Jun-13 11:15:14
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hypertony:
amazon.com has XBoxOne as the 'best selling' for pre-orders and has been on the #1 spot for the past 11 days.

So I think it will do well...

But the Amazon.co.uk had the day one slipping down the top 10 and the regular Xbone went out of the top twenty before the announcement.

Also the PS4 on Amazon.com has six SKU's so it is very difficult to know what is going on as the raw numbers on pre-orders would be only known to the retailers.

But the US are all a funny bunch, there was some mighty agressive defense of MS on the US websites as if by not liking something that MS had done was an attack on the US itself.

US consumers don't seem to have a spine, they just take what rubbish is spoonfed to tham and if it is a US company then it is being "patriotic" to take all this rubbish.

What I do find odd is that there is a hardcore of people who are now upset that the whole 10 person sharing list won't be implemented as they said they now miss out.

That whole thing was a sticking plaster in the face of the PR disaster that was E3 and it was still in the "testing phase" as in somebody threw it out there to see if it shut everybody up.

And MS seemed to have thrown a right hissy fit, they could have had a two tier system, physical media stays the same with all the same stuff we expect and the marketplace digital distribution stuff and sharing could have been rolled out as a phased introduction for those policys to take effect.

But no MS has slammed the door on all that like it has lost a major argument and they could have made it a win-win rather than a massive climbdown.

But the MS PR machine doesn't seem to live in the real world currently.

Edited by undecidedadrian (Thu 20-Jun-13 11:15:41)

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(committed) Thu 20-Jun-13 11:50:24
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Whats from stopping them changing there minds once the xbox one has shipped to the many millions that will now support it because of this announcement.

It was a Stupid Idiotic idea in the first place and the people responsible should be fired because they know Jack [censored] about games and gamers.

Thats where the meat is now and "No I dot trust them". How on earth they came to this conclusion in the first instance is beyond reasoning. Though I had chat with my local independent Video Game retailer just after E3, his Microsoft rep asked for feed back on the Xbone, however the rep would only except his feedback if he was allowed too edit it before being sent in!

They could also get rid of the the silly camera too, that needs to be gorping at you, make it a choice thing and drop the price accordingly.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....

Edited by NilSatisOptimum (Thu 20-Jun-13 15:31:07)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to