Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Aug-13 00:48:03
Print Post

Pre/order Playstation 4 deadline 5th August

[link to this post]

So Sony Say
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Aug-13 20:18:12
Print Post

Re: Pre/order Playstation 4 deadline 5th August

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Pre-ordered mine in March. Who in their right mind (that rules Toady out) wouldn't want to get their hands on this baby as soon as possible?
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Aug-13 23:23:23
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Problem with this game mate its not going to make this year and is down for a March 2014 release date so Killzone and Watchdogs will have to get us by for now.

Must be mating season as Toady has not been around on the forums just lately,mind you saying that there is not much in the way of games on a PC to talk about is there.........Shrieks like Mutely........Stop the pigeon .tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Aug-13 11:10:37
Print Post

I bet they are going to say there are "shortages" because they didn't anticipate the level of interest...

Follow me on Twitter. Now with plusnet
Approx 73Mbps download/18Mbps upload
My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Aug-13 14:53:00
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

They always suggest shortages as it increases Pre/orders,as for not anticipating the level of interest then i think after Microsofts shamble of a reveal originally Sony were rubbing there hands together and having all night parties.

I really wanted them both to compete with each other so i went out and bought both consoles at launch been an avid Xbox 360 supporter and preferred it to my Playstation 3........

I felt well and truly burned by Microsoft after watching there conference and i could not get up Blockbusters the following day quick enough to trade in the 360 as i wanted nothing to do with that Company.

I don't know how they will win me back and many other thousands of people that were 360 supporters that have now jumped ship and gone over to Sony.

Normally i own all the consoles but sadly not after this,with the Nintendo Wii U dying a death and hardly a 3rd party supporter on board and extremely under powered and then Microsoft disastrous reveal there is only a need for one console and the choice was made very easy.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 05-Aug-13 09:52:07
Print Post

I really dont understand people buying expensive new launch consoles, they most likely to have bugs and lack a games library.

Whats ironic is these selling out when people claim to be poor.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User astateoftrance
(regular) Mon 05-Aug-13 21:00:30
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The PS4 is £349 which is not expensive for a console on release day. I have not pre ordered and not sure yet if I will get it at release but I think BF4 and a few other games would be plenty if I did.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Aug-13 00:45:51
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Yeah £349 thats about the price of a half decent PC graphics card that will be out of date 6 months later,i think some of the recent top of the range Nvidea Cards are around £500.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 06-Aug-13 09:42:36
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

It happens in all technology really, look at people who queue for a new iPhone and pay £200 and £40 per month for it then in 6 months time when a new model comes out it is being given away for free and a £25 a month contract.

There is a buzz for me with getting something on release day, be it a console or game. I think now gaming is much more popular, particular console gaming, that there will be a better library than usual on release day. If you think 7 / 8 years ago when we had the Xbox we had Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Condemned and a couple of other [censored] games. Now we will have much better as people expect much more from it.

Inevitably though the better games will come out in the next year or two, but still I think we will have some good day one releases!

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Aug-13 10:09:39
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Yeah all we need now is a confirmed release date instead of the November expected time frame,i think at the PAX expo the dates will be confirmed.

There was a news feed on a site the other day that Toys R Us said the playstation 4 will ship November 13th,this was later retracted as they said it was just a number and date for there stock reference or something.

Personally i think the Playstation 4 will ship around the end of October as there are many games out within that 2 week period like Battlefield 4 and the new Cod Ghosts [not interested] also Watchdogs is due way before November 13th and these games are a must on next generation consoles.

there is little point buying Battlefield 4 on a 360 or Playstation 3 come October if you plan on upgrading and the consoles are yet to ship.

Makes no sense releasing the new games then having to wait weeks for the new consoles.

I do hope the new Smurfs Game gets ported over to the Playstation 4 so it will keep Jaxx happy wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to