Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Aug-13 15:21:53
Print Post

Last Generation goes out with a Bang

[link to this post]

GTA5 ONLINE

Looks like i may have to keep that last generation Playstation 3 a little bit longer than i wanted,why oh why this was not on the future consoles is madness given what this game is to its fans and how popular this title is.

Imagine the consoles this would have shifted if it had been next generation only.......smile
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 15-Aug-13 18:22:38
Print Post

Re: Last Generation goes out with a Bang

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

why you acting as if the current gen is dead?

there is going to be games still been released for years from this date on the current gen, and many of us do have existing games that we either havent played yet or want to keep replaying smile

also why not keep your ps3 alongside your ps4? I admit its a mess having 2 consoles lying around with cables etc. but I wouldnt ditch my ps3 if I got a ps4.

The reason gta5 is on the ps3 is not madness its sound business sense.

Right now no one owns a ps4. It has no userbase. At launch day the number of people owning a ps4 will be completely out numbered by those that own a ps3, so max potential sales is on the console with the biggest userbase.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Edited by Chrysalis (Thu 15-Aug-13 18:24:13)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Aug-13 19:06:23
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Agreed,but it would have also made sense to have GTA5 on a playstation 4 and Xbox One to help achieve further sales,I'm not saying the playstation 3 is dead just I will have moved on.

And yes I don't want 2 playstations under the tv with even more wires than I have already

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 15-Aug-13 22:58:35
Print Post

this is why early next gen titles are dominated by first party publishers as they the ones who need to shift consoles. early 3rd party ones are likely subsidised by the the first party.

I also think the next gen consoles should have had backwards compatability. Excuses have been made it cant be done but when looking at all the emulation thats done on the pc, that becomes very hard to believe. To me BC was removed as publishers asked for it as after all if people can play old games on their new console why buy new games?

If you say BC doesnt shift consoles and is useless, I Can tell you I would have pre ordered a ps4 if it could play all my ps2/3 games on it. The rumoured cloud service isnt on launch day and could be years away plus is a cloud only service wont work on retail copies and retail saved games.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Aug-13 20:27:46
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The fat 60GB PS3 was BC

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 17-Aug-13 16:31:21
Print Post

Looks AMAZING doesn't it? Love the look of the race track/game design editor thing. I've always loved the races in GTA games so designing one of my own would be awesome.

So, Rockstar are gonna continue with developing new content and no doubt it'll all be done to increase revenues (their own) but I hope they leave room (on the PC version/when it comes) for the mod community too (like Skyrim).

I reckon Rockstar will just upgrade the graphics settings with the Xbone and PS4 models so we'll see it appear on these machines in the not very distant future.

Slurp! I am so looking forward to this game but do I wait for the PC version, PS4 or go and get me a PS3? Yargh. Too many toys and not enough dollahs. frown
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Aug-13 16:59:15
Print Post

Who needs a PS4 when PS3 games can look that good

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Aug-13 19:14:38
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Go buy a Playstation 4 and Killzone and Watchdogs......or pick yourself up a cheap playstation 3 , your welcome to mine mate for a small fee.

September 17th release date and no confirmed date for those geeky PC guys wink

Not getting saints row the 4 th next week but I'm picking up Splinter Cell Blacklist and GTA 5 and that's me done until the big one ships..

Hopefully at Pax gaming expo next week we get the street date.....I'm hoping end of October

Edited by time2die (Sat 17-Aug-13 19:17:45)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 17-Aug-13 23:34:29
Print Post

Cheers mate, a very well used PS3 eh? wink Well, it would be nice to sit on a comfy chair whilst playing. My current desktop set up is diabolical and gives me back ache.

Rockstar won't likely announce the PC version for a time, probably not until they confirm PS4/Xbox One versions. When will that be? I'm thinking they'll miss Xmas? I don't know, guess it depends how far they are in development and how much dosh they get in the meantime.

Might just have to bite the bullet and get a PS4. Eventually...! tongue
Standard User astateoftrance
(regular) Mon 19-Aug-13 09:22:52
Print Post

WOW. This looks amazing, much more excited for this game after seeing the multiplayer reveal. Bet it will be very addictive!

I reckon this will be on next gen also, the question is when...
  Print Thread

Jump to