Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Aug-13 18:04:31
Print Post

4 games in 2 weeks and all pretty poor reviews.

[link to this post]

So last week we had Splinter cell blacklist and and Saints row 4th and on a graphical level both are pretty poor come the end of this generation,its as if the developers new way in advance before the rest of us that next generation is coming shortly after the release of our planned games lets not bother putting to much production values in them

Not a avid fan of either game if I'm honest ,Saints Row is the poor mans GTA and Splinter cell blacklist has to be the poorest version to date and within 20 minutes of playing it you feel the need to go play something else.

Saints Row graphically has never hit the dizzy heights just pure craziness ,but even this game lacks any substance or keeps you interested past the first half a dozen stupid missions.

That brings me onto this week with another 2 anticipated games that should have been half decent,but both have reviews all over the place and both games look like quickly finding there way into the bargin bins.....Suda51 game Killer is Dead and Capcom game Lost Planet 3 both with extremely negative reviews from half the gaming sites.

2 games I might have got but after reading the ign reviews 2 games I won't be bothering with,that just leaves us with Rayman legends by all accounts getting rave reviews and brilliant scores,pity I'm not a great lover of platform games but this game does look very colourful and drop dead gorgeous I might take the plunge.

I just hope that after all the wait for next generation consoles the software at least impresses us at least a little bit.

If Killzone,Watchdogs ,Battlefield 4 and Ghosts get average reviews then I'm packing up gaming and taking up Golf.......Everybody's Golf that is on my Playstation Vita.wink
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Aug-13 21:30:06
Print Post

???????????????????

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonyUK/status/37242931797...
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Aug-13 22:58:57
Print Post

Re: ???????????????????

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

And what am i suppose to get out of that link matey tongue

You lost the plot or your mind or what ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Aug-13 00:44:20
Print Post

Sony twitter account? GTAV on the PS4?
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 28-Aug-13 01:33:22
Print Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonyUK/status/37246152585...

Typo.

The Sony Twitter a/c reads extremely creepily, like a sort of HAL marketing/PR computer pretending to be nice to people. "So... Brad." Geez. You are boring me stupid. But this is my job so I'll pretend to care... torturous task I know but it pays the bills. Hmm. "So, what games are you looking forward to Timey?" Sigh! :/ Checks watch. Flicks a bogey off desk. Rechecks screen. "I mean, Brad!" Must get another job I actually like... that's meaningful. Never expected I would end up doing this after 5 years of college. Such a waste of my hopes and dreams and ambition. crazy

But yeah, once they've sold enough GTAV copies for the 360 and PS3 they'll announce the PS4 version (and maybe even the PC version if we're lucky). $$$$ laugh
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 28-Aug-13 09:03:32
Print Post

Rockstar said it would not be on next generation consoles,besides im not waiting 10 weeks to play it when 1 week is bad enough.

With Sony release 29th November I'm going to have to bite my knuckles and tuck into some Farley's rusks wink because a lot of the games i require will already be out 2 to 3 weeks previous to the Playstation 4 release.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 28-Aug-13 09:11:13
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Well Spook as i just mentioned in my previous post GTA5 looks awesome and im not waiting for that to turn up on a Playstation 4.

Watchdogs ,the new Killzone Game and possibly Battlefield 4 are my main games for the Playstation 4,but i think they may be some cause for concern as Swanny Mentioned.

Swanny says he is sticking with his Playstation 3 and i think judging my some internet reports it might not be a bad idea,i think multi platform games like Ghosts,Watchdogs,Battlefield 4 and a whole host of others may not look that much better than the playstation 3 versions unfortunately .

Read a report regarding the Playstation 4 version and the people that got to see it where not that impressed saying the graphics looked flat and far from that next generation feel.

Im thinking that only a handful of first party titles like Killzone will look really sweet,Knack looks like a Playstation one game and its on mrnelster list tongue
Standard User astateoftrance
(regular) Wed 28-Aug-13 09:20:42
Print Post

It could be that GTA Online will be released on next gen but not the single player part. Just that they have called it GTA Online rather than GTA V multiplayer, they seem to have distinguished between the two. That and it is meant to be a continually expanding and evolving game. Just a guess.

Definitely best to just play it on PS3/360 rather than wait though as it looks so brilliant smile
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Aug-13 23:36:27
Print Post

I reckon Knack has deceived a lot of people. The physics involved solely in the character itself are no mean feat.

And it's not all about the pixels you big graphics [censored] you. Don't make me come up there and let your tyres down mister.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Aug-13 00:22:36
Print Post

Come down aint it......Us Brummies will paste your backside tongue

If you aint worried about graphics then why you buying a playstation 4,why dont you stick with that Playstation one you got wink

Im not fooled.........Knack is not for your kids its for you smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to